Semiconductor Electromagnetic Wave Interactions

by Septim
Tags: electromagnetic, interactions, semiconductor, wave
Septim
Apr28-13, 06:43 AM
P: 121
Greetings everyone,

I need information about how semiconductor interacts with electromagnetic radiation, the absorption, scattering, transmission and reflection properties of semiconductors. I also need to associate this information with free charges or bound charges. I would be grateful for your help on this topic because I was not able to find related sources on this matter. Especially good references on the topic would be of great help. Thanks in advance.
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Researchers develop scalable methods for manufacturing metamaterials
Researchers find tin selenide shows promise for efficiently converting waste heat into electrical energy
After 13 years, progress in pitch-drop experiment (w/ video)
daveyrocket
Apr28-13, 01:32 PM
P: 185
You're asking a very broad queston on a very large topic, and you've given no information about what your background or level of understanding of solid state physics is. You can have a look here: http://britneyspears.ac/lasers.htm or otherwise look for books at your university library.
Septim
Apr28-13, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the reply. Yes you are right, I apologize for that. I am currently doing some research on propagation of THz waves through excited semiconductors but I have yet to take a course on semiconductors and my aim is to provide a qualitative treatment of the four processes I mentioned without going into detail. My focus is going to be on Debye Model,tranmission and absorption coefficient of semi-insulating GaAs. I know there are various types of scatterings
Mie Scattering, Rayleigh Scattering, Brillouin Scattering, and Raman Scattering. My instructor told me that scattering is not an process of importance in our case and I have yet to understand it.

Septim
May4-13, 11:07 AM

Semiconductor Electromagnetic Wave Interactions

Do you have any knowledge on how long wavelengths scatter from semiconductors? My instructor told me that they have negligible intensity but why so?

Register to reply