Register to reply

Oxygen flow conundrum

by tacticsnz
Tags: conundrum, flow, oxygen
Share this thread:
tacticsnz
Jul9-13, 05:07 PM
P: 2
I am trying to solve an oxygen flow rate issue that has me confused.

The goal is to have one portable oxygen cylinder (1500psi) provide 2 lines of oxygen at 15 litres/min.
The current oxygen cylinder is fitted with a regulator and flow meter that provides 0-15 litres/min.

I understand that if I were to simply attach a Y-connection I wouldn't get the full flow rate through each tube. However, cost if a factor and I am aiming to solve this without having to replace the regulator or flow meter.

Is there a way? (It is fine if both oxygen lines provide the same oxygen output, however both should equal up to 15 litres/min.)
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
'Comb on a chip' powers new atomic clock design
Quantum leap in lasers brightens future for quantum computing
Enhanced NIST instrument enables high-speed chemical imaging of tissues
sophiecentaur
Jul9-13, 05:17 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 11,882
Welcome to PF.
You seem to be suggesting that you could get two lots of 15l/minute from a single 15l/minute supply. That is clearly not possible so what exactly do you mean? You could try drawing a diagram, perhaps.
tacticsnz
Jul9-13, 05:33 PM
P: 2
Thanks sophiecentaur. You're right that I need two 15L supplies. What I have is the oxygen with a regulator and flow meter and need to somehow provide two lines.

It looks like the only possible way is to change the flow meter or have two flow meters. What do you think?

sophiecentaur
Jul9-13, 05:38 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 11,882
Oxygen flow conundrum

It looks like it to me, too!

Register to reply