Leonard Little's Theory of Elementary Waves

In summary, the conversation revolved around someone asking for an explanation of a theory that they had heard about which claims to agree with all experimental data but also challenges the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle. The theory is called the "theory of elementary waves" and is a generalization of the "dark sucker theory" to include quantum mechanics. The person who asked the question also mentioned that a Google search for the theorist, Leonard Little, only brought up a football player with the same name. Another person chimed in, stating that they are familiar with the theory and shared their opinion on it being a "crank" theory. The conversation concluded with a humorous comment about the name of the theory potentially affecting its credibility.
pi-r8
Can anyone here explain this theory to me? I'm told that it agrees with all experimental data, yet also manages to disprove (or at least interpret differently, I'm not really clear on this) the Heisenberg Uncertainty principle. If anyone can explain this theory to me, I'd be grateful.

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm sure it's a crackpot ('theory').

Daniel.

I believe that it is a generalisation of the dark sucker theory to include quantum mechanics. :wink:

When I do a Google search for Leonard Little, all I get is a football player who was arrested for drunk driving recently. :smile:

Even when I add "waves" to the search, all I get is that football player. When I search for "Leonard Little" "elementary waves" (with the quotes), Google gives me absolutely nothing, nada, zip, nichevo, ei mitään...

so, nothing to get excited over then?

The name doesn't sound appealing,too.I mean "elementary waves" sounds,umm,"elementary".Maybe if he had named it "complicated waves",then,maybe then,he would have gotten a chance...

"Physics essays",hmm...

Daniel.

Related to Leonard Little's Theory of Elementary Waves

1. What is Leonard Little's Theory of Elementary Waves?

Leonard Little's Theory of Elementary Waves is a scientific theory that proposes that all matter and energy in the universe is made up of tiny, vibrating waves.

2. What evidence supports Leonard Little's Theory of Elementary Waves?

Some evidence that supports this theory includes the wave-like behavior of subatomic particles, such as electrons, and the observation that matter can be converted into energy and vice versa.

3. How does Leonard Little's Theory of Elementary Waves differ from traditional particle-based models of matter?

Traditional particle-based models of matter view particles as solid, billiard-ball-like objects, while Leonard Little's Theory of Elementary Waves sees them as constantly vibrating waves. This theory also proposes that there is no empty space between particles.

4. Can Leonard Little's Theory of Elementary Waves be tested?

Yes, this theory can be tested through experiments that observe the behavior of subatomic particles and their interactions with other particles and energy. However, some aspects of the theory, such as the lack of empty space between particles, may be difficult to test directly.

5. How does Leonard Little's Theory of Elementary Waves contribute to our understanding of the universe?

This theory provides a different perspective on the fundamental nature of matter and energy, and it offers a potential explanation for phenomena that cannot be fully explained by traditional particle-based models. It also has implications for fields such as quantum mechanics and cosmology.