Register to reply

Flickering monitor

by Emieno
Tags: flickering, monitor
Share this thread:
Emieno
Jul3-05, 09:47 PM
P: 109
I am not a computer geek, I don't know what has changed in my system either.
Whenever I scroll down or up the page or folders, the monitor looks like flickering, not smoothly as before, and it moves really slowly.
I tried changing monitor screen size smaller (800x600) or larger (1280x1024), but nothing changes at all. Also, all of the icons in my task bar look ugly since their colors don't fit.
Thanks
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Security CTO to detail Android Fake ID flaw at Black Hat
Huge waves measured for first time in Arctic Ocean
Mysterious molecules in space
Emieno
Jul3-05, 10:31 PM
P: 109
Also, the colors of all of the icons in my task bar do not look good because they are, let's say, over-spilled, faded, I mean.
Anyone can help me solve this problem ? Again, thanks a lot.
James R
Jul3-05, 11:08 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
PF Gold
P: 562
It could be worth checking the refresh rate on your monitor.

If you're using Windows, look at the display properties. I think it's under the "Advanced" button. Try changing to a lower refresh rate.

Also, check that you have enough colors - select 16 million or 32 million, not 256.

Pengwuino
Jul5-05, 08:13 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,120
Flickering monitor

If its teh entire monitor flickering, something might be wrong with the refresh rate. If its simply the folder view flickering or just the web page flickering, your vidoe card drivers have either corrupted or have been overwritten. Go into your settings and tell us what it says in settings above the # of colors to show. It should say something like *Your monitor* on *Your video card*. For mine, it says Plug and Play Monitor on NVidia Geforce FX 5950 (im too lazy to find the monitor drivers lol).

Tell us what it says there if you can.

Register to reply