2015 Science Olympiad Assistance

In summary, the speaker is an aspiring Astrophysicist/Astronomer from Omaha, NE who is competing in the National Science Olympiad in May. They have basic-mid level knowledge of the field for a junior in high school but are unsure of the specific questions that will be asked. They have limited resources for research and are seeking recommendations for books or articles to help them study for the test within a budget of $50-$60. The National Science Olympiad is a national competition for high school students interested in science and technology, with a wide range of subjects. The speaker's first event is this Saturday at their local zoo and they hope it will give them an idea of what to expect for their main competition in May. This
Bleach Creatr
I am an aspiring Astrophysicist/Astronomer from Omaha, NE and I am competing in the National Science Olympiad in May. I would like to say I have relatively basic-mid level knowledge of the field in for a junior in high school, however I am unaware of the type of questions that will be asked (I am aware of the subject material, but not what the questions will ask for, such as spectrography, solar masses, etc.). I have little resources to perform genuine research as I really rather prefer to do some research by the book, and I cannot seem to find subject material on YouTube easily.

I am asking if there are any significantly strong books OR articles that can help me study for the test. I do have a price range of around $50-$60, which really puts a strain on me seeing as how I would like an updated textbook.

For those of you who are not aware of the Science Olympiad, it is a national competition for high school students with interests in the sciences and technologies. Usually these tournaments have a wide variety of subjects, ranging from Bridge Building to Anatomy. My first event that I am not taking too terribly seriously is this Saturday at my local zoo, and while I do not expect to place top 3, I hope it will give me an idea of what to expect for my main competition in May.

If it helps at all, the subjects for this years Astronomy section is Stellar Evolution and Planet Formation

Thanks and cheers!

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org

1. What is the "2015 Science Olympiad Assistance" program?

The "2015 Science Olympiad Assistance" program is an initiative designed to provide support and resources to students participating in the Science Olympiad competition in 2015. This program offers guidance and assistance for students in various events and helps them prepare for the competition.

2. Who is eligible to participate in the "2015 Science Olympiad Assistance" program?

The "2015 Science Olympiad Assistance" program is open to all students who have registered and will be participating in the Science Olympiad competition in 2015. Students from all grade levels and backgrounds are welcome to join and benefit from this program.

3. What type of assistance does the "2015 Science Olympiad Assistance" program offer?

The "2015 Science Olympiad Assistance" program offers a variety of resources and support for students participating in the Science Olympiad competition. This includes study materials, practice tests, mentorship opportunities, and tips and strategies for success in specific events.

4. How can students get involved in the "2015 Science Olympiad Assistance" program?

Students can get involved in the "2015 Science Olympiad Assistance" program by contacting their school's Science Olympiad team coach or coordinator. They can also reach out to the Science Olympiad national organization for more information on how to join the program.

5. Is there a cost to participate in the "2015 Science Olympiad Assistance" program?

No, there is no cost to participate in the "2015 Science Olympiad Assistance" program. This program is completely free and open to all students who will be participating in the Science Olympiad competition in 2015.