240 Mosquitos can Fit into 1 Cubic Centimeter

• Thread starter BillTre
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cubic Fit
In summary, the conversation discusses the findings of testing different packing methods for shipping mosquitos for disease prevention, specifically for illnesses transmitted by mosquitos such as malaria. The use of Sea Mosquitoes is mentioned, which tend to get their diseases from Carriers. The conversation also touches on the various diseases that can be transmitted by mosquitos, and the speaker's personal experience working with the Navy.
BillTre
Science Advisor
Gold Member
and survive for 24 hours.
That would be 4.16 cubic millimeters per mosquito!

These findings are due to testing of packing methods for shipping mosquitos around for disease prevention (like malaria which is mosquito transmitted.

Biology news on Phys.org
They fit em all in by only using Sea Mosquitoes.

dh98-proto-2.jpg

Attachments

• dh98-proto-2.jpg
    dh98-proto-2.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 662
Likes Steelwolf, Bystander and BillTre
@Dave They tend to get their diseases from Carriers, which those Sea Mosquitoes were prone to head for when sighted...

Likes Klystron and BillTre
Steelwolf said:
@Dave They tend to get their diseases from Carriers, which those Sea Mosquitoes were prone to head for when sighted...
:woot:
Well played, sir. Well played.

Likes Steelwolf
All kinds of nasty diseases: Shingles (with stuff on em), Swabbies, Airdales and worst of all, Brass of all stripes.

Personally I served on a bubble-boat babysitter (Sub tender, USS Proteus AS-19, now scrap) and so stayed in port most of the time. Due to the types of work I did, aside from Damage Control Team was welder, asbestos removal and various radiation work. So while I have to deal with problems resulting from a munched spine, Via the Navy, as a benefit: I do not need a nightlight!

While we learned how to pack tight, I do not think I can compete with the Mosquito as far as light baggage or personal space needed!

Thank You Dave!

Last edited:

1. How is it possible for 240 mosquitos to fit into 1 cubic centimeter?

Although it may seem impossible, mosquitos are extremely small and have a compact body structure, allowing them to fit into small spaces. Additionally, mosquitos can adjust their body shape and flatten themselves in order to fit into even smaller spaces.

2. How many mosquitos can fit into a larger container, such as a liter or gallon?

If we assume that a cubic centimeter can hold 240 mosquitos, then a liter (1000 cubic centimeters) can hold approximately 240,000 mosquitos and a gallon (3785 cubic centimeters) can hold approximately 909,600 mosquitos.

3. Can other insects or animals fit into 1 cubic centimeter like mosquitos can?

It is possible for other small insects or animals to fit into 1 cubic centimeter, but it ultimately depends on their body size and shape. Some insects, like ants, are also able to flatten their bodies to fit into small spaces.

4. How does the size of a mosquito compare to other common insects?

Mosquitos are relatively small insects, with an average length of about 0.2-0.3 inches. They are smaller than flies, bees, and spiders, but larger than most ants and gnats.

5. Is it safe to have 240 mosquitos in 1 cubic centimeter?

Having 240 mosquitos in 1 cubic centimeter would not be safe or ideal, as mosquitos are known to carry diseases and can be a nuisance. It is important to take precautions to prevent mosquito bites and control their population in order to protect ourselves and our environment.