2A wireless charging mobile phone

In summary, the phone would not be able to charge at the full 2A capacity, and the charging dock would not be able to charge the phone at the full 2A capacity either.
spikey1973
Very simple question that just want confirmed or disconfirmed..

I have a mobile cell phone which charges with max 2A but without wireless charging capabilities. Nowadays there are external wireless charging antennas for sale by the masses.. but even though there are charging platforms that can charge with 2A, I can never find a 2A "capable" antenna. They all seem to be limited to 1A max.

Now my question is what would happen if I put a 2A capable phone with a 1A antenna on a 2A capable charging dock..

I'd prefer wireless charging but also know it's better to charge a 2A capable phone / battery with 2A instead of 1A. Not just charging speed wise but also long livity of the battery.

Anyone any ideas on this? And if not.. why are the antenna's limited to just 1A.

Kind greatz

Matthieu

Engineering news on Phys.org
spikey1973 said:
Very simple question that just want confirmed or disconfirmed..

I have a mobile cell phone which charges with max 2A but without wireless charging capabilities. Nowadays there are external wireless charging antennas for sale by the masses.. but even though there are charging platforms that can charge with 2A, I can never find a 2A "capable" antenna. They all seem to be limited to 1A max.

Now my question is what would happen if I put a 2A capable phone with a 1A antenna on a 2A capable charging dock..

I'd prefer wireless charging but also know it's better to charge a 2A capable phone / battery with 2A instead of 1A. Not just charging speed wise but also long livity of the battery.

Anyone any ideas on this? And if not.. why are the antenna's limited to just 1A.

Kind greatz

Matthieu
Can you post links to all of these products you are asking about, along with links to their datasheets? Thanks.

1. What is 2A wireless charging for mobile phones?

2A wireless charging is a type of wireless charging that allows for a faster charging speed of up to 2 amps compared to traditional wireless charging which typically charges at 1 amp. This means your phone will charge more quickly and efficiently.

2. How does 2A wireless charging work?

2A wireless charging works by using electromagnetic induction to transfer energy from a charging pad or mat to your mobile phone. The charging pad contains a coil that generates a magnetic field, and your phone contains a coil that receives the energy and converts it into electricity to charge the battery.

3. Is my phone compatible with 2A wireless charging?

To use 2A wireless charging, your phone must have a built-in wireless charging receiver or be compatible with a wireless charging case or adapter. You can check your phone's specifications or consult with the manufacturer to determine if it is compatible.

4. Are there any safety concerns with 2A wireless charging?

2A wireless charging is generally safe, but it is important to use a reputable and certified wireless charging pad to avoid any potential hazards. Additionally, it is recommended to remove any metal or magnetic objects from the charging area to prevent interference or damage to the device.

5. How does 2A wireless charging compare to traditional wired charging?

2A wireless charging is generally faster than traditional wired charging, but it also depends on the specific device and charger being used. Wireless charging also offers the convenience of not having to deal with tangled cords and the ability to charge multiple devices at once, but it may not be as efficient as wired charging in terms of energy usage.