A General Physics refresher book?

In summary, the person is thanking the forum for helping them in the past and is now looking for a book to refresh their knowledge in general physics, specifically for mechanics. They mention finding a math refresher book and are now seeking a similar one for physics. They are looking for a book with good theory and indexing, and not a lengthy one like Tipler.
Toni_RT
Hi everyone,

I just created this account because it was actually the first time I wanted to ask a question myself, but this forum has helped me a lot in the past with my Physics and Maths related courses. So thank you for that.

Going back to the topic...Now that I've completed some of the basic Maths and Physics courses of my engineering degree I usually have trouble with further subjects because since I only used my class notes to study(not textbooks), I have problems to find a source to go back and easily find the things I forgot. To refresh my maths knowledge I was able to find "Math Refresher for Scientists and Engineers" by John R. Franchi which helps me to refresh concepts from Calc. I, Calc. II and Algebra.

What I haven't been able to find is an equivalent for General Physics. For instance, books like Tipler are simply too much to have as a refresher(not too much as an Academic Textbook to practice for an exam). I would simply need a book with good theory and indexing to remember some general concepts about Physics and Mechanics, not a 2000 pages book with dozens of examples per topic.

Thank you very much in advance,

Greetings from Spain.

Physics news on Phys.org
Likes Toni_RT and Demystifier

1. What topics are covered in a general physics refresher book?

A general physics refresher book typically covers topics such as mechanics, thermodynamics, electromagnetism, optics, and modern physics.

2. Is a general physics refresher book suitable for beginners?

Yes, a general physics refresher book is suitable for beginners as it covers basic concepts and does not assume prior knowledge of physics.

3. Can a general physics refresher book help me prepare for exams?

Yes, a general physics refresher book can help you prepare for exams by providing a comprehensive review of important concepts and practice problems.

4. Are there any interactive elements in a general physics refresher book?

Some general physics refresher books may have interactive elements such as online simulations, videos, or practice quizzes to enhance learning.

5. Can a general physics refresher book be used as a stand-alone resource for learning physics?

While a general physics refresher book can provide a solid foundation and review of physics concepts, it is not typically recommended as the only resource for learning physics. Supplemental materials such as lectures, labs, and practice problems are also important for a complete understanding of the subject.