A math book to keep always with you

In summary, the conversation is about a person's search for a book or series of books that can serve as a quick reference for their studies in computer engineering and embedded systems. They are specifically looking for resources on circuits, electronics, signal processing, differential equations, integrals, Fourier/Laplace transforms, and random variables. Another person suggests Erwin Kreyszig's book on advanced engineering mathematics, which the original person finds to have everything they need. The book can be found for a cheaper price on certain websites.
kickstar
Hey guys!

Does exist a book/series of books that can be used as a fast reference when in need?

I study computer engineering, but I'm now moving my interest towards embedded systems and I have to study again circuits, electronic, signal processing etc.
I would like to have at hand knowledge about differential equation, integral, fourier/laplace transforms, random variables, and all those theorems related.
Of course I'm not interested in math-table (those filled only with formulas and nothing else), they're too much condensed and things aren't explained at all. But at the same time I don't need proofs or philosophical detours.

Any idea?

Thank you very much!

Physics news on Phys.org
You might want to look at Erwin Kreyszig's book on advanced engineering mathematics.

Likes Anama Skout and kickstar
Thank you so much Geofleur! It has exactly everything I was looking for. Many many thanks!

Available for $5.98 from betterworld.com:

http://www.betterworldbooks.com/Erwin-Kreyszig-H0.aspx?SearchTerm=Erwin+Kreyszig

No affiliation. YMMV.
diogenesNY

Related to A math book to keep always with you

What is the purpose of a math book to keep always with you?

The purpose of a math book to keep always with you is to have a reference guide for mathematical concepts and formulas that you can access anytime, especially when you need to solve problems or review concepts on the go.

What type of math topics are typically covered in a math book to keep always with you?

A math book to keep always with you usually covers a wide range of topics, including basic arithmetic, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and calculus. It may also include sections on statistics, probability, and other advanced topics.

Are there any differences between a regular math book and a math book to keep always with you?

Yes, there may be some differences. A math book to keep always with you is usually designed to be compact and portable, with condensed information and essential formulas. It may also have interactive features, such as practice problems and digital tools, to make learning more engaging and convenient on the go.

Can a math book to keep always with you replace a regular math textbook?

No, a math book to keep always with you is not meant to replace a regular math textbook. It can serve as a supplemental resource, but it may not cover all the topics and details that a traditional textbook does. It is best used as a quick reference guide or for review purposes.

Where can I find a math book to keep always with you?

There are many options for finding a math book to keep always with you. You can purchase one from a bookstore or online retailer, borrow one from a library, or download a digital version on your phone or tablet. Some educational websites also offer free or paid access to math books that you can keep with you on your devices.