A problem in Trigonometry (Properties of Triangles) v3

In summary: We can't stop you from posting on multiple forums, but unfortunately you've probably just lost the help of any of our regular homework helpers that happen to stumble across this thread or that hear about this. As Buffu said, you're mostly just wasting peoples' time.
Wrichik Basu
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member

Homework Statement

In any triangle ABC, prove that $$a^2 b^2 c^2 \left (\sin {2A} +\sin {2B} + \sin {2C} \right) = 32 \Delta ^3$$

Here ##\Delta ## means the area of the triangle.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

20170512_113927.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
Wrichik Basu said:

Homework Statement

In any triangle ABC, prove that $$a^2 b^2 c^2 \left (\sin {2A} +\sin {2B} + \sin {2C} \right) = 32 \Delta ^3$$

Here ##\Delta ## means the area of the triangle.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

View attachment 203411

This thread is marked solved. why ? did you worked this out or you still need help ?

As a physicist I notice your change in dimension somewhere halfway (I can point it out if you type it, not if you post a picture...) from length6 to length3 ...

Buffu said:
Then it is bad of you to cross post on multiple sites.

Of course I'll cross post, because previously by doing this, several times I've got several different correct ways to solve a single problem, which is interesting.

Wrichik Basu said:
Of course I'll cross post, because previously by doing this, several times I've got several different correct ways to solve a single problem, which is interesting.

You don't realize you will waste time of people who will look at this post thinking you need help.

Likes SammyS
Thread locked for moderation.

Wrichik Basu said:

We can't stop you from posting on multiple forums, but unfortunately you've probably just lost the help of any of our regular homework helpers that happen to stumble across this thread or that hear about this. As Buffu said, you're mostly just wasting peoples' time.

Thread will remain locked as the problem is, obviously, solved.

1. What are the properties of a triangle in trigonometry?

The properties of a triangle in trigonometry include the Pythagorean theorem, which states that in a right triangle, the square of the length of the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides. Additionally, there are the sine, cosine, and tangent ratios, which relate the sides and angles of a triangle.

2. How do I use the sine, cosine, and tangent ratios to solve for missing sides and angles in a triangle?

To use the sine, cosine, and tangent ratios, you must identify which sides and angles are known and which are unknown. Then, you can use the appropriate ratio (sin = opposite/hypotenuse, cos = adjacent/hypotenuse, tan = opposite/adjacent) and solve for the unknown side or angle using basic algebra.

3. What is the Law of Sines and how is it used in trigonometry?

The Law of Sines states that in any triangle, the ratio of the length of a side to the sine of the angle opposite that side is constant for all sides and angles in the triangle. This can be used to solve for missing sides and angles in non-right triangles.

4. When should I use the Law of Sines versus the Law of Cosines?

The Law of Sines is used to solve for missing sides and angles in any triangle, while the Law of Cosines is specifically used for solving for the third side of a triangle when the other two sides and the included angle are known. It can also be used to solve for missing angles in a triangle.

5. What are some real-life applications of trigonometry and triangle properties?

Trigonometry and triangle properties have many real-life applications, such as in navigation, engineering, architecture, and astronomy. They are used to calculate distances, heights, and angles in various fields and industries. For example, triangulation is a common method used in surveying and GPS navigation to determine the location of a point based on the angles and distances to known points.