A really cool sanctuary for cats (dogs, too)

• Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cool Dogs
In summary, the conversation revolved around a video that reminded the participants of a "cat herding" commercial. They discussed the challenges of managing fleas, the cost of running a cat sanctuary, and the desire to adopt multiple cats. They also mentioned a friend with a passion for caring for cats and a love for cleaning, and the entertaining scenes in the video, including a cat attempting to rub faces with a dog. They also appreciated the Talking Heads song featured in the video.
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

This reminded me of the "cat herding" commercial.

Wonder how she manages the fleas? I can barely afford flea treatment for one cat!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
That is awesome! I wonder how much money it takes a month to do that?

Yowzers! I've never seen so many felines in the same place!

I have a friend who'd be perfect for running such a sanctuary. One of her present kitties has a 3-chambered heart, and the other has diabetes and requires daily insulin... and she fully admits she'll be one of those old crazy ladies with fifty cats. Fortunately, however, she loves cleaning. So it could be like this one: clean and fresh, with all the cats being chill - none of the cats are fighting!

That can't be cheap. I'd like to have something like that on a smaller scale.
She was lucky to have all that land out near Fresno.

Thats a lot of critters! I saw about 30 that I want to adopt, but I've been told no.

I loved the cat laying on it's back with one leg up in the air.

I loved the cat standing up on hind legs trying to rub faces with the dog.

larkspur said:
I loved the cat standing up on hind legs trying to rub faces with the dog.

I was just watching that again. He goes for the head butt, and then the tail hook across the dog's nose.

I really like that Talking Heads song (This Must Be the Place) in the video, too.

"Home - is where I want to be,
But I guess I'm already there"

Evo said:
I loved the cat laying on it's back with one leg up in the air.

Sort of a cat sun dial :)

1. What makes this sanctuary different from others?

This sanctuary is unique because it provides a comfortable and stimulating environment for cats and dogs to live in. It also focuses on finding forever homes for these animals rather than keeping them in a shelter setting.

2. How are the animals cared for in this sanctuary?

The animals in this sanctuary are provided with nutritious meals, regular vet check-ups, and lots of love and attention from staff and volunteers. They also have access to indoor and outdoor play areas to keep them physically and mentally healthy.

3. Can I adopt a cat or dog from this sanctuary?

Yes, this sanctuary is dedicated to finding loving homes for all of its animals. If you are interested in adopting, you can visit the sanctuary and meet the animals in person or check their website for available pets.

4. Are donations accepted at this sanctuary?

Yes, this sanctuary relies on donations to cover the cost of caring for the animals. Any contribution, big or small, is greatly appreciated and goes towards providing the best possible care for the animals.

5. Can I volunteer at this sanctuary?

Yes, this sanctuary welcomes volunteers who are passionate about animal welfare and want to make a difference. Volunteers can assist with daily tasks, such as feeding and cleaning, or use their skills to help with fundraising and events.