Accelerating Rockets in Different Frames of Reference

In summary, the person needs help with an exam and is asking for the answer without showing their work. The person is reminded that this is not allowed and they must show their work in order to receive help on the problem.
eden24
New poster has been reminded to show their work on schoolwork problems
Homework Statement
Adithya is in a rocket with proper acceleration a0 = 3.00 × 108 m/s2 to the right, and Eddie is in a rocket with proper acceleration a02 to the left. Let the frame of Adithya’s rocket be S1, and the frame of Eddie’s rocket be S2. Initially, both rockets are at rest with respect to each other, and Adithya’s clock and Eddie’s clock are both set to 0.
- 1 At the moment Adithya’s clock reaches 0.75 s in S2, what is the
velocity of Adithya’s rocket in S2?
- 2 At the moment Adithya’s clock reaches 0.75 s in S2, what is the
acceleration of Adithya’s rocket in S2?
Relevant Equations
a0 = 3.00 × 108 m/s2

Source https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/advanced-physics-homework-help.154/
pls help me

Physics news on Phys.org
You need to show us your best attempt at solving this problem. I guess you are studying SR, so you need to apply what you've learned.

Likes eden24
PeroK said:
You need to show us your best attempt at solving this problem. I guess you are studying SR, so you need to apply what you've learned.
well i just need the answer for my exam
so i don't need the solution
thanks for your help cause this is my first time here

eden24 said:
Sounds to me like you are asking for us to help you cheat on that exam. That's not how PF works -- here you are required to show your work on the problem before we can offer tutorial help.

Likes eden24
eden24 said:
It isn't what we do on this site. We can help you learn but not to cheat!

berkeman said:
Sounds to me like you are asking for us to help you cheat on that exam. That's not how PF works -- here you are required to show your work on the problem before we can offer tutorial help.
ok i got it tks for that

1. What is the concept of "accelerating rockets in different frames of reference"?

The concept of "accelerating rockets in different frames of reference" refers to the study of how rockets behave and appear to move when observed from different perspectives or reference frames. This is important in understanding the effects of relativity and how it affects the motion of objects in space.

2. How does the acceleration of a rocket change in different frames of reference?

The acceleration of a rocket will appear different in different frames of reference due to the effects of relativity. For example, an observer on Earth may see a rocket accelerating at a certain rate, while an observer on the rocket itself may perceive a different rate of acceleration. This is because the two frames of reference are moving relative to each other and have different perceptions of time and space.

3. What is the role of inertial frames of reference in studying accelerating rockets?

Inertial frames of reference are important in studying accelerating rockets because they provide a consistent and non-accelerating reference point from which to measure the motion of the rocket. This allows for accurate calculations of acceleration and other physical quantities.

4. How do the laws of physics apply to accelerating rockets in different frames of reference?

The laws of physics, such as Newton's laws of motion and the principles of relativity, still apply to accelerating rockets in different frames of reference. However, the observations and measurements of these laws may differ depending on the frame of reference from which they are observed.

5. What are some real-world applications of studying accelerating rockets in different frames of reference?

Studying accelerating rockets in different frames of reference has many practical applications, such as in space travel and satellite communications. Understanding the effects of relativity on rocket motion is crucial in accurately navigating and controlling spacecraft. It also has implications in fields such as astronomy and astrophysics, where the motion of celestial objects must be studied from different frames of reference.