Accessing Wifi Service with Specific Provider?

In summary, the conversation discusses the process of accessing the Wifi service at a FedEx store. The employee informs the person that they cannot simply log on to the network using a key or password, as the provider is ATT. They explain that the process may be similar to logging into a hotel internet and provide two articles on the business to business relationship between FedEx and ATT.
WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hi,
Sorry if this is too simple. I was given permission by an employee to access to the Wifi service, using my PC, at a FedEx store,i.e., I will not be using their computers. I thought this would be straightforward: I would be given the key/password and then just log on to the network. But then the employee there said : no, we don't do it that way, then (something to the effect that ): ATT is our provider. What does this mean?

Computer science news on Phys.org

1. How do I connect to wifi with a specific provider?

To connect to wifi with a specific provider, you will need to first make sure you are within range of their wifi network. Then, you can go to your device's wifi settings and select the network name of the specific provider. You may need to enter a password or other login information to access the wifi service.

2. Can I access wifi service with a specific provider if I am not a customer?

In most cases, you will need to be a customer of the specific provider in order to access their wifi service. However, some providers may offer public wifi hotspots that anyone can access. It is best to check with the provider directly to see if this is an option.

3. How can I improve my wifi connection with a specific provider?

To improve your wifi connection with a specific provider, you can try moving closer to their wifi router or investing in a wifi extender. You can also contact the provider for any troubleshooting tips or to report any connection issues.

4. What should I do if I am having trouble accessing wifi with a specific provider?

If you are having trouble accessing wifi with a specific provider, you can try restarting your device and checking your wifi settings. You can also contact the provider for further assistance or to report any service outages.

5. Is there a limit to how many devices can connect to wifi with a specific provider?

The limit for how many devices can connect to wifi with a specific provider may vary. Some providers may have a specific limit set, while others may allow unlimited devices to connect. It is best to check with the provider for their specific policies on device connections.