According to Wilczek, how does quantum mechanics arise?

In summary, Nobel laureate Frank Wilczek proposes in his book "The Lightness of Being" that the universe emerged from a Grid, a state of "nothingness" where quantum fluctuations led to the creation of our universe. However, it is unclear where quantum mechanics and laws emerge from in this theory. Wilczek does not address this question and appears to accept quantum mechanics without further exploration. He is also known as a Many Worlder according to Google.
Suekdccia
TL;DR Summary
According to Wilczek's Grid's model, how does quantum mechanics arise?
According to Nobel laureate Frank Wilczek, the universe emerges from a Grid. This was proposed in his book "The Lightness of Being: Mass, Ether, and the Unification of Forces". He also likes the idea that the universe emerged from a state of "nothingness" (or rather, a quantum vacuum) where quantum fluctuations were responsible for the origin of our universe.

But according to his idea of the "Grid", where do quantum mechanics and quantum laws emerge from? Is his idea of "Grid" something like Wheeler's "It from Bit" and "Law without Law" (where fundamental laws emerged from a lawless initial state)? Did Quantum Mechanics, according to him, emerged in a similar way?

Physics news on Phys.org
I skimmed over the book and it seems to me that Wilczek does not attempt to answer such questions. He seems to take QM for granted, without really studying quantum foundations.

Wilczek is a Many Worlder according to all google results I can find

• Wow
Likes Demystifier