Accurate, Complete Periodic Table

In summary, the speaker is looking for a color periodic table that includes electron configurations and is accurate to the typical number of decimal places. They have not been satisfied with their search results and are seeking recommendations. They also mention having received a suggestion for Webelements but prefer a printable version. The speaker is informed that NIST has an up-to-date periodic table as of 2003.
jacksonpeeble
Gold Member
I am wondering if somebody can please help me to locate a very accurate, complete periodic table. Specifically, I'm looking for one that is color, contains electron configurations, and is up-to-date and accurate to the typical number of decimal places. I've searched Google and was not happy with any of the results I looked at. I attached one close to what I'm looking for, but it lacks electron configuration data.

If anybody has a favorite or knows of a standard periodic table that you think would work, I'd really appreciate a link!

Attachments

• Periodic Table.pdf
    386.3 KB · Views: 458
Chemistry news on Phys.org
jacksonpeeble said:
I am wondering if somebody can please help me to locate a very accurate, complete periodic table. Specifically, I'm looking for one that is color, contains electron configurations, and is up-to-date and accurate to the typical number of decimal places. I've searched Google and was not happy with any of the results I looked at. I attached one close to what I'm looking for, but it lacks electron configuration data.

If anybody has a favorite or knows of a standard periodic table that you think would work, I'd really appreciate a link!

Have you visited Webelements?

Yes, I'd prefer a printable table. But thank you!

NIST has one that is up to date as of 2003.

http://physics.nist.gov/PhysRefData/PerTable/

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the periodic table?

The periodic table is a tabular arrangement of the chemical elements, organized by their atomic number, electron configurations, and chemical properties. It is a visual representation of the building blocks of matter.

2. Why is it important to have an accurate and complete periodic table?

An accurate and complete periodic table is essential for understanding the properties and behavior of elements, predicting chemical reactions, and developing new materials and technologies. It serves as a fundamental tool in chemistry and other scientific fields.

3. How is the periodic table organized?

The periodic table is organized into rows and columns, with elements grouped by their atomic structure and chemical properties. The rows, also known as periods, represent the number of electron shells an element has. The columns, or groups, indicate the number of valence electrons an element possesses.

4. Who created the first periodic table?

The first periodic table was created by Russian chemist Dmitri Mendeleev in 1869. He arranged the elements in order of increasing atomic weight and noticed a periodic pattern in their properties, leading to the development of the modern periodic table.

5. Are there any elements that are not included in the periodic table?

Yes, there are currently 26 elements that have been discovered but have not yet been officially named and added to the periodic table. These elements have temporary names and are referred to by their atomic numbers until they are officially recognized and named by the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC).