Adding people to conversations in PF

• Thread starter Jeff Rosenbury
  • Start date
  • Tags
    conversation
In summary, the conversation is about adding a person to a conversation on a website. The person asked for help and received a reply via private message. However, the suggested solution did not work due to a possible hacker disabling the "invite others" button. The conversation participant then shares a workaround by using the "invite more" button under the conversation participants block. It is also mentioned that there is a limit of six people per conversation. The thread ends with berkeman continuing to investigate the hacker situation.
Jeff Rosenbury
How do I add a person to a conversation on this site?

Likes NascentOxygen
Physics news on Phys.org
See my PM reply -- did that work?

EDIT -- It did not...

The "invite others" didn't. I assume the hacker turned it off somehow (private conversation?).

I sent you the Pasta and got the answer you gave which I'll repeat for the edification of anyone else as stupid as I am:

There's an "invite more" button under the conversation participants block on the right.

So the thread is answered and berkeman is hunting hackers. Good luck berkman.

Likes berkeman
FYI, the last time that I checked, there is also a limit of six people in a conversation.

1. What is the purpose of adding people to conversations in PF?

The purpose of adding people to conversations in PF is to involve more individuals in the discussion and increase collaboration. This allows for a more diverse range of perspectives and ideas, leading to better decision making and problem solving.

2. How do I add people to a conversation in PF?

To add people to a conversation in PF, you can click on the "Add People" button in the conversation window and type in the name or email address of the person you want to add. You can also select multiple people to add at once.

3. Can I add people to conversations in PF that I am not a part of?

No, you can only add people to conversations in PF that you are actively participating in. However, you can invite other individuals to join the conversation by sending them an invitation link.

4. Is there a limit to how many people can be added to a conversation in PF?

There is no limit to the number of people that can be added to a conversation in PF. However, it is recommended to keep the group size manageable to ensure effective communication and collaboration.

5. Can I remove people from a conversation in PF?

Yes, you can remove people from a conversation in PF by clicking on the "Remove People" button in the conversation window and selecting the person you want to remove. This can be useful if someone is no longer relevant to the conversation or if they have left the project.