We can not download our private messages/conversations

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter symbolipoint
  • Start date
In summary, there has been a lack of option to download private messages or conversations on the forum and many users would like to have this feature again. However, the forum will not be making any custom changes until after the upcoming upgrade to a new version. Some users express concern about the upgrade and quote the phrases "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and "if we can't fix it, it ain't broke." Others joke about the possibility of things being fixed until they are broken or politicians' tendency to "keep trying to fix it until you're broken."
Physics news on Phys.org
I agree, would be a nice option, however this option doesn't exist to give. A drastic new version of XF is due out by the end of the year so we won't be doing any custom work until after we upgrade.

Uh oh... upgrade time. Watch out, all ye guinea pigs! :nb) :biggrin:

Likes davenn
Greg Bernhardt said:
I agree, would be a nice option, however this option doesn't exist to give. A drastic new version of XF is due out by the end of the year so we won't be doing any custom work until after we upgrade.
AAAAGGGHHH NOOOOO ... not again. Greg haven't you ever heard the old phrase "if it ain't broke, don't fix it !" ?

Likes davenn
phinds said:
"if it ain't broke, don't fix it !" ?
Or the corollary, "If we can't fix it, it ain't broke!"

Likes mfb and Ibix
Mark44 said:
Or the corollary, "If we can't fix it, it ain't broke!"
Oh, you seriously underestimate Greg's ability to fix things that ain't broke. :smile:

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Then there's my personal favorite, "If it ain't broke, keeping fixing it until it is broke."

Likes Bystander and phinds
Mark44 said:
Then there's my personal favorite, "If it ain't broke, keeping fixing it until it is broke."
That's a favorite of politicians.

phinds said:
That's a favorite of politicians.
Actually, their favorite now seems to be "keep trying to fix it until you're broken."

Likes dlgoff, mfb and phinds

1. Why can't I download my private messages/conversations?

There could be several reasons why you are unable to download your private messages or conversations. It could be due to a technical issue with the platform or device you are using, or it could be a security measure put in place by the platform to protect your privacy.

2. Is there a way to download my private messages/conversations?

It depends on the platform you are using. Some platforms may have a feature that allows you to download your private messages or conversations, while others may not. It's best to check the platform's guidelines or contact their customer support for more information.

3. Are my private messages/conversations permanently deleted if I can't download them?

It depends on the platform's policies. Some platforms may permanently delete your private messages or conversations after a certain period of time, while others may keep them stored on their servers. Again, it's best to check the platform's guidelines or contact their customer support for more information.

4. Can I download my private messages/conversations for legal purposes?

It's important to check the platform's terms of service and privacy policies to see if they allow downloading of private messages or conversations for legal purposes. If not, you may need to consult with a legal professional for other options.

5. How can I access my private messages/conversations if I can't download them?

If you are unable to download your private messages or conversations, you may still be able to access them on the platform itself. You could also try contacting the person with whom you had the conversation and ask if they have a copy of the conversation that they can share with you.