Adding two signals from different sensors in order to obtain a signal with very high dynamics

Rogowski belt to create a current measurement signal with high dynamics. This can be seen in Figure 4, where a low-pass filter and a high-pass filter are used to combine the signals. Overall, this technique can greatly improve the accuracy and dynamics of the measurement system.
Lionceau49
Homework Statement
hello I am working on a project concerning a measurement technique which consists of adding two signals from different sensors in order to obtain a signal with very high dynamics. and I would like you to help me because I saw your interventions concerning this system. I don't know yet if this is the hoka principle that I should use to add the two signals
Relevant Equations
no
hello I am working on a project concerning a measurement technique which consists of adding two signals from different sensors in order to obtain a signal with very high dynamics. and I would like you to help me because I saw your interventions concerning this system. I don't know yet if this is the hoka principle that I should use to add the two signals
Combination of the measurement principles
If the closed-loop converter and the Rogowski belt are combined, the two measurement signals must be added in such a way that the signal from the closed-loop converter is used at low frequencies. At higher frequencies, the measurement signal from the Rogowski belt should be used. According to Figure 4, a low-pass filter and a high-pass filter must be used for this. A current measurement signal with high dynamics can then be generated by summation

Attachments

• IMG_9998.jpeg
    IMG_9998.jpeg
    14.8 KB · Views: 83
Physics news on Phys.org
For a simple way to combine two signals, one with good low frequency accuracy and one with good high frequency accuracy, you should consider the complimentary filter. It combines the two, keeping the best of each.
See

• Informative
Likes Tom.G and berkeman

1. How do you combine signals from different sensors?

In order to combine signals from different sensors, you will need to use a process called signal fusion. This involves using mathematical algorithms to merge the signals from each sensor into one cohesive signal.

2. What is the purpose of combining signals from different sensors?

The purpose of combining signals from different sensors is to obtain a signal with very high dynamics. This means that the combined signal will have a wider range and more accurate representation of the data being measured.

3. What types of sensors can be combined?

Any type of sensor that measures the same physical phenomenon can be combined. For example, temperature sensors, pressure sensors, and humidity sensors can all be combined to obtain a more comprehensive signal.

4. What are the challenges of combining signals from different sensors?

One of the main challenges of combining signals from different sensors is ensuring that the signals are synchronized and aligned properly. This requires careful calibration and understanding of the sensors' characteristics and limitations.

5. Are there any limitations to combining signals from different sensors?

Yes, there are limitations to combining signals from different sensors. The accuracy and reliability of the combined signal will depend on the quality and compatibility of the sensors being used. Additionally, the process of combining signals can be complex and may require advanced knowledge and expertise in signal processing.