Aeronautical Engineering in China

In summary, the conversation is about the speaker receiving an acceptance letter from Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics in China for their Bachelors in Aeronautical Engineering program. They are unsure about the education quality of the university and Chinese engineering universities in general and are waiting for an admission decision from their first preference, National University of Science and Technology in Pakistan. They also ask for information on the grad school placement of Nanjing University and for any helpful advice from others. The conversation also includes a mention of the rankings of both universities.
interhacker
Gold Member
I just received an acceptance letter from the Nanjing University of Aeronatics and Astronautics in China. They accepted me for their Bachelors in Aeronautical Engineering programme which is taught in English. However, I neither know anything about China nor the university.

My first preference is the National University of Science and Technology in my own country, Pakistan and am waiting their admission decision. However, just to give Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics a fair chance, does anyone know the education quality of the university and of Chinese engineering universities in general? I plan to apply for grad school in the US later. What is the grad school placement of this school? I can't find much information about it online, at least in English.

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know anything about them either, I just wanted to say congrats though.

TheKracken said:
I don't know anything about them either, I just wanted to say congrats though.

Thank you. :-) .

Any helpful advice? Anyone?

Rankings should be taken with a pinch of salt, but the QS rankings of universities in Asia puts the National University of Science and Technology at 129, while Nanjing University of Aeronatics and Astronautics is somewhere around 201-250. http://www.topuniversities.com/asian-rankings

Last edited:
Likes 1 person

1. What is the history of aeronautical engineering in China?

Aeronautical engineering in China dates back to the early 20th century when the first Chinese aviation company, China National Aviation Corporation, was established in 1929. Since then, China has made significant advancements in the field, with the establishment of several research institutes and universities dedicated to aeronautical engineering.

2. What are the top universities in China for studying aeronautical engineering?

Some of the top universities in China for studying aeronautical engineering are Tsinghua University, Beihang University, and Northwestern Polytechnical University. These universities have world-renowned aeronautical engineering programs and produce highly skilled graduates.

3. What are the job prospects for aeronautical engineering graduates in China?

The job prospects for aeronautical engineering graduates in China are excellent. The country's booming aerospace industry, with companies like COMAC, AVIC, and CASIC, provides many job opportunities for aeronautical engineers. Additionally, China's rapid development in space exploration and commercial aviation also creates a demand for skilled aeronautical engineers.

4. How does aeronautical engineering in China contribute to the country's economy?

Aeronautical engineering in China is a crucial contributor to the country's economy. The aerospace industry generates billions of dollars in revenue and creates numerous job opportunities. The industry also plays a significant role in promoting technological advancements and innovations, driving economic growth in other sectors.

5. What are some notable achievements of aeronautical engineering in China?

China has made many notable achievements in aeronautical engineering, including the development of the first domestically designed and built commercial aircraft, the ARJ21, and the C919. The country has also successfully launched and operated its first satellite, Shijian-10, using a domestically designed and built carrier rocket. Additionally, China has plans to build its space station and achieve manned missions to the moon and Mars in the future.