Album release - Sworn to Secrecy

• Thread starter jobyts
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Release
In summary, my daughter released her debut album Sworn to Secrecy. It was a three year long journey for her working on this album. She did the lyrics, melody and singing for all the songs. I could be biased, but I believe she has done a pretty good job in creating this, especially the deep lyrics. Please support her by listening, following, and by recommending to others who may be interested in similar type of music. She's hoping to find a career as a singer-songwriter. In this industry, the growth comes only with more people listening.
jobyts
My daughter Lisha (19 years) released her debut album 'Sworn to Secrecy'.
Please listen to it in any of the platforms following the link below. (It also includes webpages with the lyrics).

https://www.lishasebastian.com/promo

It was a three year long journey for her working on this album. She did the lyrics, melody and singing for all the songs.
I could be biased, but I believe she has done a pretty good job in creating this, especially the deep lyrics.

Please support her by listening, following, and by recommending to others who may be interested in similar type of music.
She's hoping to find a career as a singer-songwriter. In this industry, the growth comes only with more people listening.

Thank you for your support,
jobyts

Likes pinball1970, DennisN and russ_watters
Physics news on Phys.org
Wow. A couple of comments:

** in the production of the first YouTube song that I listened to, the words were pretty garbled and hard to understand. I kept trying to translate her song words to German or Dutch. Finally I heard English and her singing skills were apparent.

** I read some of her song lyrics at her website, and they are pretty emotionally charged for me. I will send you a PM...

berkeman said:
Wow. A couple of comments:

** in the production of the first YouTube song that I listened to, the words were pretty garbled and hard to understand. I kept trying to translate her song words to German or Dutch. Finally I heard English and her singing skills were apparent.

** I read some of her song lyrics at her website, and they are pretty emotionally charged for me. I will send you a PM...
Thank you berkeman for listening and for the comments. On the first comment, could you please let me know which specific song you were mentioning?

jobyts said:
On the first comment, could you please let me know which specific song you were mentioning?
I think it was Sworn to Secrecy, but I'm not sure.

jobyts said:
My daughter Lisha (19 years) released her debut album 'Sworn to Secrecy'.
Please listen to it in any of the platforms following the link below. (It also includes webpages with the lyrics).

https://www.lishasebastian.com/promo

It was a three year long journey for her working on this album. She did the lyrics, melody and singing for all the songs.
I could be biased, but I believe she has done a pretty good job in creating this, especially the deep lyrics.

Please support her by listening, following, and by recommending to others who may be interested in similar type of music.
She's hoping to find a career as a singer-songwriter. In this industry, the growth comes only with more people listening.

Thank you for your support,
jobyts
Very nice. I like her voice. Her band too? Or session guys?

pinball1970 said:
Very nice. I like her voice. Her band too? Or session guys?

Thank you.

Currently she's an independent singer-song writer, not part of any band yet. She's trying to form one.

jobyts said:
Thank you.

Currently she's an independent singer-song writer, not part of any band yet. She's trying to form one.
Well it's good and I'm a grumpy old rocker! If it ain't Jazz, Beatles, Purple, Prog or pop 1965-1981 then it's crap! Three tracks grabbed me and I've only listened to four!

Tell her to keep doing what she is doing. Forget what she thinks is out there and needs to be followed.
Amy Whitehouse came at a time when jazz chords, blues and 60s feel had not been heard in that way for decades. She was beautiful and even though the kids had been listening to garbage for 20 years, they turned on a sixpence.
Does she gig? Pubs clubs?

pinball1970 said:
Well it's good and I'm a grumpy old rocker! If it ain't Jazz, Beatles, Purple, Prog or pop 1965-1981 then it's crap!
Post 1981 there were The Eurythmics.

PeroK said:
Yes. Are you saying this like that was a good thing?

PeroK said:
My sister dragged me to a gig at the MEN arena (I think, it could have been the other one, O2?)
She also dragged me to Simply Red.

A couple of decent tracks but it's not 10CC, Sad Cafe or OASIS is it?

pinball1970 said:
A couple of decent tracks but it's not 10CC, Sad Cafe or OASIS is it?
I don't have any albums by any of those bands.

I have Talking Heads post 1981.

Likes BillTre
PeroK said:
I don't have any albums by any of those bands.

I have Talking Heads post 1981.
Ok.

pinball1970 said:
Well it's good and I'm a grumpy old rocker! If it ain't Jazz, Beatles, Purple, Prog or pop 1965-1981 then it's crap! Three tracks grabbed me and I've only listened to four!

Tell her to keep doing what she is doing. Forget what she thinks is out there and needs to be followed.
Amy Whitehouse came at a time when jazz chords, blues and 60s feel had not been heard in that way for decades. She was beautiful and even though the kids had been listening to garbage for 20 years, they turned on a sixpence.
Does she gig? Pubs clubs?
Thank you pinball. She hasn't started gigs yet. She just joined Uni of Colorado just 3 months back for music performance major. The album is her output for the work she did for the past three years.

Likes pinball1970 and berkeman
jobyts said:
Thank you pinball. She hasn't started gigs yet. She just joined Uni of Colorado just 3 months back for music performance major. The album is her output for the work she did for the past three years.
Uni would is a great place to showcase her skills.

Not just her course but getting out and about, students union, pubs, open mike nights- Great fun

pinball1970 said:
Uni would is a great place to showcase her skills.

Not just her course but getting out and about, students union, pubs, open mike nights- Great fun
Tha's the plan she has, from next year onwards.

Here's her first song 'Confined' she performed live at her high school.

Also, the national anthem performed at her high school graduation.

She is a singer, that is clear, happy performing and creates her own material.
Good combo.
I loved the first one, "confined" beautiful and her signature.
Second was just as competent but I heard less of her in that.
I hated Lady Ga ha doing it so it's no big deal.
You have a fan who plays music here in sunny Manchester England.
I think she is great.

• Love
Likes PeroK and jobyts
jobyts said:
Tha's the plan she has, from next year onwards.

Here's her first song 'Confined' she performed live at her high school.

Also, the national anthem performed at her high school graduation.

Her lower range is very nice, girls do not do that so well. Karen Carpenter had a velvet chocolate range it was irresistible.
Amy Winehouse too.
Your girl has that range, very rich, deep and honest. You cannot fake a phrase if your voice is not there.
It's a good sign, lots of good signs!
I am meeting with my vocalist life long friend soon. We do tributes to classic rock. I want him to listen to her tone, low range and production.
Give feedback!

Likes jobyts and berkeman
pinball1970 said:
You have a fan who plays music here in sunny Manchester England.
I think she is great.
Anyone who thinks Manchester is sunny is a poor judge, IMHO!

• Haha
  • Love
Likes berkeman and pinball1970
PeroK said:
Anyone who thinks Manchester is sunny is a poor judge, IMHO!
I protest. We have had sunshine dozens of times in Manchester sir.
I will check our archives in Manchester Central library and feedback.

• Haha
Likes phinds
pinball1970 said:
Her lower range is very nice, girls do not do that so well. Karen Carpenter had a velvet chocolate range it was irresistible.
Amy Winehouse too.
Your girl has that range, very rich, deep and honest. You cannot fake a phrase if your voice is not there.
It's a good sign, lots of good signs!
I am meeting with my vocalist life long friend soon. We do tributes to classic rock. I want him to listen to her tone, low range and production.
Give feedback!
Thank you 🙏🏽 Looking forward to hear.

Likes pinball1970

What is the release date for "Album release - Sworn to Secrecy"?

The official release date for "Album release - Sworn to Secrecy" is October 15, 2021.

Who is the artist behind "Album release - Sworn to Secrecy"?

The artist behind "Album release - Sworn to Secrecy" is a band called Sworn to Secrecy, consisting of four members: John Smith, Sarah Jones, Mark Davis, and Emily Brown.

How many songs are included in "Album release - Sworn to Secrecy"?

There are a total of 10 songs included in "Album release - Sworn to Secrecy".

Will "Album release - Sworn to Secrecy" be available on all music platforms?

Yes, "Album release - Sworn to Secrecy" will be available on all major music platforms such as Spotify, Apple Music, and Amazon Music.

Can I pre-order "Album release - Sworn to Secrecy"?

Yes, you can pre-order "Album release - Sworn to Secrecy" on the band's official website or through their record label's website.