Always closed... "Not open for further replies."

• Thread starter eltodesukane
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the usefulness of the Physics Forum, with one person questioning the frequent closure of discussions. Another person defends the forum and explains that the staff works hard to maintain high quality content. The original poster seems to have left the forum and the thread is now closed.
eltodesukane
Physics Forum useless.
every time I try to reply it is closed even when opened just days ago
why close any discussion?
Physics Forum useless.

• Skeptical
Likes weirdoguy
Physics news on Phys.org
Most likely there were good reasons. Can you give links to a couple examples?

Likes sysprog
As an example, close this thread before the OP responds.

edit: :wink:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Likes dextercioby, Wrichik Basu, russ_watters and 2 others
caz said:
As an example, close this thread before the OP responds.
That wouldn't go down well.

PF has very diligent staff who endeavor to ensure high quality of content. Sometimes maybe people can become miffed because of a thread getting closed. For my little teensy part, I think that, on the whole, PF is a great forum set.

Likes anorlunda and berkeman
I think that OP was his swan song. He hasn't been back since.

seventeen syllables
or it's not haiku
maybe "it's" counts as one

Likes berkeman
@eltodesukane -- If you come back to PF and want this thread reopened, please send me a PM. Thank you. Thread is now closed.

Update -- an off-topic subthread (started by me) has been deleted. Thread will remain closed until OP requests it re-opened.

1. What does "Always closed... Not open for further replies" mean?

This phrase typically appears on online forums or discussion threads and indicates that the topic or thread has been closed for further comments or replies. This could be due to a variety of reasons such as the topic being deemed inappropriate, the discussion becoming too heated, or the thread reaching its intended purpose.

2. Can I still view the content of a thread that is "Always closed... Not open for further replies"?

Yes, you can still view the content of the thread even though it is closed for further replies. The purpose of closing a thread is to prevent any new comments or replies, but the existing content can still be accessed and read.

3. Who has the authority to close a thread or topic with "Always closed... Not open for further replies"?

The authority to close a thread typically lies with the moderators or administrators of the forum or discussion platform. They have the power to monitor and manage the discussions and can close a thread if they feel it is necessary.

4. How can I request for a thread to be reopened if it is "Always closed... Not open for further replies"?

If you feel that a thread should be reopened, you can reach out to the moderators or administrators of the forum and make a request. They will review the thread and its content and determine if it is appropriate to reopen it for further comments and replies.

5. Is there a time limit for a thread to be "Always closed... Not open for further replies"?

The time limit for a thread to be closed for further replies may vary depending on the forum or discussion platform. Some threads may be closed permanently, while others may be reopened after a certain period of time. It ultimately depends on the discretion of the moderators or administrators.