An article on Big Bang theory contradictions

In summary, the conversation is about a controversial article that challenges the Big Bang theory and discusses its weaknesses. The author is unsure about the validity of these claims and asks for clarification. Another person, Ned Wright, is mentioned as a potential source of information, but it is noted that he is considered a "crank" and the topic is banned on the forum. The thread is closed.
ChrisVer
Gold Member
TL;DR Summary
Questions about BB weaknesses
Hi
all, I was reading this article
https://asiatimes.com/2020/11/the-big-bang-never-happened-but-fusion-will/
And I got somewhat confused. As most I've been taught that BB has succeeded in giving most of the cosmological predictions that we observe [nucleosynthesis, formation of galaxies, cmb etc]. I also know that there are fighters of a theory every now and then, blaming the current science for not considering their alternatives.
However I am not very expert to understand if the examples of bb weaknesses are true or if they have already been answered. Eg the 10 times older objects than the age of the universe. Anyone who might want to help?

Space news on Phys.org
This is a banned topic. I presume the Mentors will move this out of view forthwith.

This article is bogus and in violation of the Physics Forums mission of accurately presenting science as it is generally understood by professionals in the field.

The thread is closed and remains visible only to refer people to the Lerner article linked by @Bandersnatch.

1. What is the Big Bang theory?

The Big Bang theory is a scientific explanation for the origin and evolution of the universe. It proposes that the universe began as a singularity, a point of infinite density and temperature, and has been expanding and cooling ever since.

2. What are some contradictions to the Big Bang theory?

Some scientists have raised concerns about certain aspects of the Big Bang theory, such as the horizon problem, the flatness problem, and the lack of an explanation for the initial singularity. These are considered contradictions because they do not fit perfectly with the current understanding of the theory.

3. How do scientists address these contradictions?

Scientists continue to study and refine the Big Bang theory in order to address these contradictions. Some propose modifications to the theory, such as the inflationary model, while others are searching for evidence that could support or disprove certain aspects of the theory.

4. Is the Big Bang theory widely accepted among scientists?

Yes, the Big Bang theory is widely accepted among scientists as the most comprehensive and well-supported explanation for the origin and evolution of the universe. However, as with any scientific theory, it is constantly being tested and refined as new evidence and observations become available.

5. How does the Big Bang theory fit with other theories and observations?

The Big Bang theory is currently the most consistent with other theories and observations, such as the cosmic microwave background radiation and the observed distribution of galaxies in the universe. However, there are still areas of the theory that are being explored and tested in order to better understand the universe.