An interesting phenomena with light I experienced

In summary: This is a common phenomenon that can happen with glasses, windows, or even the atmosphere. Another possibility is that the blue filter effect was simply a trick of the light and your eyes. In summary, while drinking coffee at a roadhouse, the speaker observed a lake and cloudy sky through a window. They noticed a blue filter effect, which they thought could be caused by the condensation on their glasses. They also hypothesized that the light from the sun was being scattered or filtered through different points before reaching their eyes. They acknowledged that they are not an expert in physics and could be wrong.
Karadra
I was drinking coffee at a roadhouse and looked out the window. I observed a lake and a cloudy sky. While I had the cup on my mouth and blew in it, naturally there was condensation on the glass (I wear eye glasses). When I looked out through the window I experienced something interesting. For a few seconds I could see the lake and the sky as in a blue filter (Like the one you put on instagram or Photoshop). I thought it might just be a random anomaly in the eyes. But every time I repeated my little " experiment" I got the same result every time. Heaven and the lake was blue.

What really happened?

A hypothesis I had was that the light from the sun had multiple breaking points on the way to my eyes: The cloudy sky, the grey lake, the window in which I looked through and my eye glasses which were full with condense.
I might be wrong, I'm no physicist just a construction worker (For now..)

Please excuse my grammar and English (I have talked English the majority of my life. But I'm still learning. Swedish is my first language)

Science news on Phys.org
I'm not too sure, only guessing. Maybe the small droplets of water on your glasses caused Rayleigh scattering, causing the light to appear bluish.

Likes Karadra

What causes light to appear to bend when passing through a glass of water?

This is known as refraction and is caused by the change in speed and direction of light as it passes through different mediums.

Why does the sky appear blue during the day?

This is due to a phenomenon called Rayleigh scattering, where sunlight is scattered by particles in the Earth's atmosphere, with blue light being scattered more than other colors.

How does a rainbow form?

A rainbow is formed when sunlight is refracted, reflected, and dispersed through water droplets in the atmosphere, creating the familiar spectrum of colors.

What is the difference between reflection and refraction?

Reflection is when light bounces off a surface, while refraction is when light passes through a medium and changes direction.

Can light travel through a vacuum?

Yes, light is able to travel through a vacuum because it does not require a medium to propagate. This is why we are able to see stars and other celestial objects from Earth.