An introduction to mechanics solutions

In summary, the person is looking for a manual or alternate source of problems with answers for the 2nd edition of an introduction to mechanics. The instructor solution manuals are not available to students, so they may need to find a different textbook with answers. They mention considering the Exercises for The Feynman Lectures on Physics, but are unsure if it has answers. They prefer problems of the same difficulty as the current textbook to check their work.
gstroot
Hello,

Per your guidance I'm running through the 2nd edition of an introduction to mechanics. I'm only in the 1st chapter and all the problems are conceptual with no sign of answers. Does anyone know where I can find a manual? Or maybe an alternate source of problems with answers?

Physics news on Phys.org
gstroot said:
Hello,

Per your guidance I'm running through the 2nd edition of an introduction to mechanics. I'm only in the 1st chapter and all the problems are conceptual with no sign of answers. Does anyone know where I can find a manual? Or maybe an alternate source of problems with answers?
Instructor solution manuals are only available to instructors. You would need to find a different textbook to study that has answers to half of the questions posted in the back of the book. :smile:

berkeman said:
Instructor solution manuals are only available to instructors. You would need to find a different textbook to study that has answers to half of the questions posted in the back of the book. :smile:
Can you recommend any place? I was thinking Exercises for The Feynman Lectures on Physics, but I'm not sure if that has answers either...

I would still prefer the same difficulty as K&K. I just need some form of answers to ensure I'm doing the problems correctly.

Last edited:

Related to An introduction to mechanics solutions

1. What is "An Introduction to Mechanics Solutions"?

"An Introduction to Mechanics Solutions" is a book that provides solutions and explanations to problems and exercises found in the textbook "An Introduction to Mechanics" by Daniel Kleppner and Robert Kolenkow. It covers a wide range of topics in classical mechanics, including kinematics, dynamics, and energy.

2. Is "An Introduction to Mechanics Solutions" suitable for beginners?

Yes, the book is designed to accompany the textbook and is suitable for students who are new to mechanics. It includes step-by-step solutions and clear explanations, making it easy for beginners to understand and apply the concepts.

3. Are the solutions in "An Introduction to Mechanics Solutions" accurate?

Yes, the solutions in the book have been thoroughly checked and verified by the authors to ensure accuracy. However, it is always recommended to double-check your work and seek help if you encounter any difficulties.

4. Can "An Introduction to Mechanics Solutions" be used for self-study?

Yes, the book can be used for self-study as it provides comprehensive solutions and explanations. However, it is recommended to also refer to the textbook for a deeper understanding of the concepts.

5. Is "An Introduction to Mechanics Solutions" only for students?

No, the book can also be a useful resource for teachers and instructors. It provides a valuable reference for checking solutions and can be used to supplement course materials.