Analytical evaluation of r^l integral

In summary, the conversation revolves around finding the matrix elements of ##R_{nl}## for the specific case where l = 1. The individual is seeking suggestions on where to start with this demonstration and is reminded to properly define their notation and send their homework problems to the appropriate forum. It is also mentioned that ##R_{nl}## is most likely the radial part of the electronic wave function for the hydrogen atom.
squareroot
Hello,

I need to find the matrix elements of
CodeCogsEqn-3.gif

in the particular case where l = 1. This should have an analytical solution but I have no idea where to start with this demonstration.

Any suggestions on where to start digging?Ty!

Physics news on Phys.org
Start defining your notation! What's ##R_{nl}##? What's the domain of integration? Last but not least, homework problems should be sent to the homework forum!

Likes Demystifier
My guess is that ##R_{nl}## is the radial part of the electronic wave function for the hydrogen atom.

This indeed looks like homework, and I will therefore close the thread and ask you to start another one in the homework forum, with a proper description of the problem and an attempt at a solution. If my judgement is wrong, please PM me.

Likes vanhees71

What is analytical evaluation of r^l integral?

Analytical evaluation of r^l integral is a mathematical technique used to solve integrals involving expressions of the form r^l, where r is a variable and l is a constant. It involves using specific methods and formulas to find the exact value of the integral.

Why is analytical evaluation of r^l integral important?

Analytical evaluation of r^l integral is important because it allows us to solve a wide range of mathematical problems, especially in physics and engineering. It also provides a deeper understanding of the underlying concepts and principles of integration.

What are some common methods used in analytical evaluation of r^l integral?

Some common methods used in analytical evaluation of r^l integral include substitution, integration by parts, and partial fraction decomposition. These methods allow us to simplify the integral and find its exact value.

What are some challenges in analytical evaluation of r^l integral?

One of the main challenges in analytical evaluation of r^l integral is identifying the appropriate method to use. This requires a good understanding of integration techniques and the ability to recognize patterns in the integral. Another challenge is dealing with complex or improper integrals, which may require additional techniques or approximations.

Can analytical evaluation of r^l integral be applied in real-world problems?

Yes, analytical evaluation of r^l integral can be applied in various real-world problems, including calculating areas and volumes, finding the center of mass, and solving differential equations. It is a powerful tool for solving mathematical models and making predictions in science and engineering.