Analyzing Tensions in a Mass-Weight System

In summary, the conversation involved a request for feedback on a solution, with a particular focus on the notation used and the interpretation of certain calculations. The response included suggestions for clarifying the notation, making use of different symbols for different tensions, and addressing a potential error in the calculations.
aatari
Hi guys, could someone please have a look at my solution and let me know if it makes any sense.

Homework Statement

Capture.PNG

Homework Equations

N/A

The Attempt at a Solution

ans.PNG
[/B]

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't understand your notation. Can you please define what the various forces represent. And what does FT=FT=FT mean?

Your "For 5kg" calculation appears to be showing that the mass on the table has no vertical acceleration. I think we can assume that without proof.
Your "For 1kg" and "For 2kg" calculations are ok except that you should use different symbols for the two different tensions.
As Chet notes, "FT=FT=FT" is not very illuminating, and I can make no sense of the calculation which follows.

What is "Review My Homework Solution"?

"Review My Homework Solution" is a service or platform where students can submit their homework solutions for feedback and review by a qualified individual, typically a tutor or educator.

Why should I use "Review My Homework Solution"?

Using "Review My Homework Solution" can help you improve your understanding of the subject matter and identify any mistakes or areas for improvement in your homework solution. It can also save you time and effort by providing a second set of eyes on your work.

How does "Review My Homework Solution" work?

Typically, you will submit your homework solution through the platform and a qualified reviewer will assess it and provide feedback and suggestions for improvement. Some platforms may also offer real-time or interactive review sessions.

Is "Review My Homework Solution" cheating?

No, using "Review My Homework Solution" is not considered cheating as long as you are submitting your own work and using the feedback to improve your understanding and skills. However, it is important to check with your school or instructor to ensure that using such a service is allowed.

How can I make the most out of "Review My Homework Solution"?

To make the most out of "Review My Homework Solution", it is important to carefully review the feedback provided by the reviewer and use it to improve your understanding and skills. You can also ask questions and seek clarification on any areas that you are unsure about.