Ansoft maxwell 15, parameters-assign-matrix option disappear

In summary, to access the Matrix option in the Maxwell 2D/3D software, you need to select a matrix element in the structure tree before opening the Parameters Assign window.
MMCTEM
I am learning to use software to do some simple simulation. It seems that the Maxwell 2D/3D-parameters-assign-matrix option disappears sometimes. Under the menu of Mawell 2D-Parameters-Assign, only Force and Torque can be seen. In what cases the Matrix option is visible? What should I do if I need to use this option but can't see it? Thank you very much !

Engineering news on Phys.org
The Matrix option under the Maxwell 2D/3D-Parameters-Assign menu is usually only available when you are assigning parameters to a matrix. If you need to use this option but can't see it, you may need to select the matrix element in the structure tree before opening the Parameters Assign window. Once you have the matrix element selected, the Matrix option should appear.

1. What is Ansoft maxwell 15?

Ansoft maxwell 15 is a software program used for electromagnetic field simulation. It is commonly used by scientists and engineers to analyze and design various electronic and electromechanical systems.

2. What does the "parameters-assign-matrix" option in Ansoft maxwell 15 do?

The "parameters-assign-matrix" option in Ansoft maxwell 15 allows users to assign values to different parameters in a matrix format, making it easier to manipulate and analyze complex electromagnetic systems.

3. Why does the "parameters-assign-matrix" option disappear in Ansoft maxwell 15?

The "parameters-assign-matrix" option may disappear in Ansoft maxwell 15 due to software updates or changes in the user's settings. It can also occur if the user does not have the necessary permissions to access this feature.

4. How can I get the "parameters-assign-matrix" option back in Ansoft maxwell 15?

If the "parameters-assign-matrix" option has disappeared in Ansoft maxwell 15, the user can try checking for updates or resetting their settings to default. If the issue persists, contacting the software provider for assistance may be necessary.

5. Is there an alternative to the "parameters-assign-matrix" option in Ansoft maxwell 15?

Yes, there are other ways to assign and manipulate parameters in Ansoft maxwell 15, such as using scripts or the graphical user interface. Users can also explore other software programs with similar capabilities if the "parameters-assign-matrix" option is unavailable.