Ansoft Maxwell 3d Closely coupled inductor

In summary, the speaker is experiencing difficulty in creating graphs related to inductance and induced voltage. They have a circuit with a 28Vac source, 2 coils with a resistance of 18.6ohm each, and a core in the center that can move to change the induced voltage and inductance. The speaker knows from experience and hand calculations that the coil will have 100mH from top to bottom when taken from input of coil 2 and output of coil 1, and 50mH on each when the core is centered. They are seeking help with their ansoft file, which they were unable to share due to its size. They apologize for any confusion in their quick explanation and hope someone else can
JONDUROST
Hello! I am having an issue with getting any graphs on inductance or induced voltage.

In the attached circuit:
What I have is a 28Vac source w/ 400hz and 2 coils (R=18.6ohm each) that are connected with a common.

In the model:

I have a core in the center that will be able to move up changing the induced voltage and inductance when taken from the input of coil 1 and common or input of coil 2 and common. I know from experience (and hand calculations), that the coil will have 100mH from top to bottom when taken from input of coil 2 and output of coil 1 and with 50mH on each when the core is centered (obviously).

Any help will be appreciated,
(wrote this fast, sorry if it's hard to understand)

Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
Here is the circuit

My ansoft file was too big to import here.. trying to get it up

Attachments

• Ansoft.zip
    121.4 KB · Views: 295
http://www.freefilehosting.net/simulation

Guess this wasn't a fun topic for anyone

neither of your links will open

Really? They work when I tried them

i get an advertisement at filehosting
and no recognition of a file by the name in your other link

windows 7, ie9

maybe somebody else can help

1. What is Ansoft Maxwell 3D Closely Coupled Inductor?

Ansoft Maxwell 3D Closely Coupled Inductor is a software tool used for simulating and analyzing the behavior of inductors in a 3-dimensional space. It is commonly used in the design and optimization of high-frequency and high-power inductors.

2. How does Ansoft Maxwell 3D Closely Coupled Inductor work?

The software uses finite element analysis (FEA) techniques to calculate the magnetic fields and currents in the inductor. It takes into account the geometry, material properties, and operating conditions of the inductor to accurately predict its performance.

3. What are the key features of Ansoft Maxwell 3D Closely Coupled Inductor?

Some of the key features of the software include a user-friendly interface, automatic mesh generation, advanced solver algorithms, and the ability to simulate different types of inductors such as spiral, solenoid, and toroidal.

4. How is Ansoft Maxwell 3D Closely Coupled Inductor used in the industry?

The software is widely used in industries such as aerospace, automotive, electronics, and telecommunications for designing and optimizing inductors for various applications. It allows engineers to quickly and accurately evaluate different design options and make informed decisions.

5. Is Ansoft Maxwell 3D Closely Coupled Inductor suitable for beginners?

The software may be challenging for beginners as it requires a basic understanding of electromagnetism and FEA techniques. However, it offers tutorials and user manuals to help users get started. It is recommended to have some prior experience with similar software before using Ansoft Maxwell 3D Closely Coupled Inductor.