Ansys Maxwell Modeling of Switched Reluctance Motors

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of optimizing design parameters for a Switched Reluctance Motor using the Optimetrics feature in Maxwell. The participants mention using a GA algorithm and parameterizing the design to change dimensions. The OP also mentions having trouble with convergence and asks for examples. The conversation ends with a comment about the OP no longer being active on the forum.
Hamidzzz
Hi Everyone
i'm new member of Physics Forums, my research field is about Switched Reluctance Motors
i have question about Optimetrics in Maxwell!
my question is:
How can Optimize Design Parameters ( like Outer and inner Diameter of Stator and Rotor or Embrace of them) of a Switched Reluctance Motor in Optimetrics with a GA Algorithm?
i design a SRM with analytical Formula, and now i want optimize my design in Optimetrics!
Please Guide me about parts of this Option (Optimiation) of Maxwell
Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes zand10000
Engineering news on Phys.org
I think if you can parameterise it, you can change it with optimetrics. For example you would give your rotor diameter a variable name during building the model, then any dimensions that are dependent on that would have equations, eg if you make it depend on rotor diameter, then stator ID would be "rotor_diameter+air_gap" etc.

I'm not sure on the specifics of exactly how you woudl do this, but I'd just ask your Ansys rep, they are usually more than helpful with such things.

ok , its true, but i have a problem with Convergance of GA Algorythms , my Optimetric doesn't converge! i parameterise SRM design parameters and specify condition but GA doesn't Converge! what is the problem of my work? Do you have example about this to send me?

Hamidzzz said:
ok , its true, but i have a problem with Convergance of GA Algorythms , my Optimetric doesn't converge! i parameterise SRM design parameters and specify condition but GA doesn't Converge! what is the problem of my work? Do you have example about this to send me?
Do you still need examples or even do you still work with maxwell?

The OP has not been here since November 2018, so this thread is locked.

1. What is Ansys Maxwell Modeling of Switched Reluctance Motors?

Ansys Maxwell Modeling of Switched Reluctance Motors is a software tool that allows engineers and scientists to simulate and analyze the performance of switched reluctance motors. It uses finite element analysis to accurately model the electromagnetic behavior of the motor, including the non-linear magnetic behavior of the iron core and the air gap.

2. How does Ansys Maxwell Modeling of Switched Reluctance Motors work?

The software uses a 3D finite element method to solve the governing equations of electromagnetics, which are then coupled with circuit equations to model the motor's electrical behavior. The software takes into account various parameters such as rotor position, current, and voltage to accurately simulate the motor's performance.

3. What are the advantages of using Ansys Maxwell Modeling of Switched Reluctance Motors?

Ansys Maxwell Modeling of Switched Reluctance Motors allows for quick and accurate simulations of the motor's performance, which can help in optimizing the motor design and reducing development time and costs. It also provides insights into the motor's behavior under different operating conditions, which can aid in improving its efficiency and reliability.

4. Can Ansys Maxwell Modeling of Switched Reluctance Motors be used for different motor designs?

Yes, the software is flexible and can be used for different types of switched reluctance motors, including single-phase, multi-phase, and variable reluctance motors. It also allows for customization of various parameters to accurately model specific motor designs.

5. Is Ansys Maxwell Modeling of Switched Reluctance Motors suitable for both research and industrial applications?

Yes, the software is widely used in both research and industrial settings for switched reluctance motor analysis. It is a powerful tool for designing and optimizing motors for various applications, including automotive, aerospace, and renewable energy. It is also regularly updated with new features and capabilities to meet the evolving needs of engineers and scientists.