Ansys Maxwell simulation problem

In summary, the problem is occurring straight away and it seems to be related to an error during installation.
ismail BAYSAL
I am using Ansys 18.2 Maxwell 2D to analyze a transformer by using transient and magnetostatic solvers. Normally the analyses were completed correctly and took time like a half an our . But right now the simulations are comleted suddenly(in few seccond) and there is no error no result and no solution. I mean, I guess the program not solve the simmulation but there is no error, Everything looks like correct. Is there anybody to help me to fix this situation.
Thank you...

Engineering news on Phys.org
ismail BAYSAL said:
I am using Ansys 18.2 Maxwell 2D to analyze a transformer by using transient and magnetostatic solvers. Normally the analyses were completed correctly and took time like a half an our . But right now the simulations are comleted suddenly(in few seccond) and there is no error no result and no solution. I mean, I guess the program not solve the simmulation but there is no error, Everything looks like correct. Is there anybody to help me to fix this situation.
Thank you...
Welcome to the PF.

Is it having trouble converging in the initial conditions? How can there be no error, no result and no solution? Can you post screenshots of what it used to look like and what is happening now?

These are from the latest analyze
There is no error or warning. The simmulation is completed in 3 or 4 second (Normally it takes about half an hour especially for transient solver
1.PNG
Ekran Alıntısı.PNG
3.PNG
)
The following images from older simmulation (different simmulation). It was run correctly, I obtained all results correctly. Also this analyze is not working, Same situation is appeared when I reanalyzed

1 a.PNG
3.PNG

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,722
  • Ekran Alıntısı.PNG
    Ekran Alıntısı.PNG
    4.1 KB · Views: 1,446
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    18 KB · Views: 1,315
  • 1 a.PNG
    1 a.PNG
    7.2 KB · Views: 1,421
Did you find the solution for this problem ?

I assume you had it working and then it stopped working?

If that is the case then why not revert to a functioning model, and then compare all model inputs, excitation, analysis setup, mesh etc to see where the dif lies?

In my case, the problem has occurred straight away.
However, i found out that there were an error at the end of the installation (see picture below) :

Capture2.jpg

The problem only occurs with Maxwell. I tried to solve a simple circuit with simplorer and it worked just fine.

Attachments

• Capture2.jpg
    Capture2.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 1,223
@ ilCapitano can you tell me how did you solve the above problem at the end of installation?

deeps_ika said:
@ ilCapitano can you tell me how did you solve the above problem at the end of installation?
Welcome to PhysicsForums. :smile:

It looks like @ilCapitano has not been back here for a couple of years, so you may want to start your own thread with your question.

This thread has become a necropost magnet, so I'll tie it off now.

1. How do I set up a simulation in Ansys Maxwell?

To set up a simulation in Ansys Maxwell, you will first need to create a model of your system using the built-in geometry tools or import an existing CAD model. Then, define the material properties and boundary conditions for your model. Next, create a mesh and assign appropriate element types to the different parts of your model. Finally, specify the desired analysis settings and run the simulation.

2. What types of simulations can be performed in Ansys Maxwell?

Ansys Maxwell is primarily used for electromagnetic simulations, such as analyzing the behavior of electric motors, transformers, and other electromagnetic devices. It can also be used for thermal and structural analysis in conjunction with electromagnetic simulations.

3. How accurate are the results obtained from Ansys Maxwell simulations?

The accuracy of the results obtained from Ansys Maxwell simulations depends on several factors, including the complexity of the model, the accuracy of the material properties and boundary conditions, and the mesh resolution. With careful setup and verification, Ansys Maxwell simulations can provide highly accurate results.

4. Can Ansys Maxwell simulations be used for real-time analysis?

No, Ansys Maxwell simulations are not designed for real-time analysis. The simulation process can take a significant amount of time, depending on the complexity of the model and the desired accuracy. However, once the simulation is completed, the results can be analyzed and visualized in real-time.

5. Is there support available for Ansys Maxwell?

Yes, Ansys provides technical support for their customers using Ansys Maxwell. They also have a vast knowledge base and user forums where you can find answers to frequently asked questions and connect with other users for support and advice.