Anyone here also a member at SciForums.com?

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
  • Tags
In summary: Well that will go up by 33% if I ever get my login working.I changed my contact info, and the auto-confirm is busted so I've been locked out for a week.But it looks like the Forumati just returned from vacation to save the day. So all may be well.Tx .I'll keep you apprised.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
If so, I'd like to beg a favour.

Physics news on Phys.org
DaveC426913 said:
Not really into sci fi Dave. Some good films here and there.
Is this a good site? Discussing films and stuff?

pinball1970 said:
Not really into sci fi Dave. Some good films here and there.
Is this a good site? Discussing films and stuff?
It's a science forum.

OK, that's a bit of a stretch.
It ... uses the word 'science' a lot.

• Haha
Likes pinball1970, russ_watters and berkeman
DaveC426913 said:
It's a science forum.

Why would I be into sci fi if like science? Does it follow I like meta physics because I use physics in my job?

pinball1970 said:
Does it follow I like meta physics because I use physics in my job?
Or Meta, or Threads... There's a whole new rabbit hole... :wink:

DaveC426913 said:
I think I still am. What's up? Pm if you prefer...

russ_watters said:
I think I still am. What's up? Pm if you prefer...
I changed my contact info, and the auto-confirm is busted so I've been locked out for a week.

But it looks like the Forumati just returned from vacation to save the day. So all may be well.

Tx .I'll keep you apprised.

Likes russ_watters
I used to frequent sci.math a while back. Signal-to-noise became way low, I haven't been back in years.
This guy, Archie Plutonium, almost ruined it single-handedly.

Likes russ_watters and berkeman
DaveC426913 said:
I changed my contact info, and the auto-confirm is busted so I've been locked out for a week.

But it looks like the Forumati just returned from vacation to save the day. So all may be well.

Tx .I'll keep you apprised.
I am a member there too.

Likes DaveC426913
Inlik
DaveC426913 said:
It's a science forum.

Apologies I misread your post. No one actually mentioned sci fi except me!
I checked out the site and joined just to see, I am not on any other forums. Not active anyway.

pinball1970 said:
Inlik

... joined just to see...
Oh God why...

I remember when PF and SciForums were running neck and neck. But that was almost 20 years ago. I hadn't looked at SF for a long time and I know it was really bad there the last time I looked. But the place is a morgue now. I logged in and saw 3 members online.

Likes berkeman
Ivan Seeking said:
I remember when PF and SciForums were running neck and neck. But that was almost 20 years ago. I hadn't looked at SF for a long time and I know it was really bad there the last time I looked. But the place is a morgue now. I logged in and saw 3 members online.
Well that will go up by 33% if I ever get my login working.

• Haha
Likes Ivan Seeking and berkeman
DaveC426913 said:
Well that will go up by 33% if I ever get my login working.
Will I tell James or Bells you are locked out?

I was going to reply to James quite soon anyway since he answered my question about Newtonian gravity a short while back.

WWGD said:
This guy, Archie Plutonium, almost ruined it single-handedly.
Oh, @$#^$%#&^%!. Could that be one Archimedes Plutonium who vastly decreased the signal-to-noise ratio on sci.physics.* decades ago?

The more things change, the more... :oldfrown:

Last edited:
Likes WWGD
strangerep said:
Oh, @$#^$%#&^%!. Could that be one Archimedes Plutonium who vastly decreased the signal-to-noise ration on sci.physics.* decades ago?

The more things change, the more... :oldfrown:
Precisely. A potent mix of stupid, nasty and aggressive. Edit:Still today, I keep a dark place in my heart for him.
Edit: Well, that came of too strong. Just brought up some bad memories.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Likes pinball1970
Yes, his biography won't reply when I call him a moron.

geordief said:
Will I tell James or Bells you are locked out?

I was going to reply to James quite soon anyway since he answered my question about Newtonian gravity a short while back.
Actually, that would be great.

Since I started this thread I've heard back from the site owner (Sasa) but it can't hurt to give James a heads up so he doesn't think I've had a stronk.

Thanks.

DaveC426913 said:
Oh God why...
Curious. I'll check it out in the week.

DaveC426913 said:
so he doesn't think I've had a stronk
Ouch, that sounds painful... :wink:

strangerep said:
Oh, @$#^$%#&^%!. Could that be one Archimedes Plutonium who vastly decreased the signal-to-noise ration on sci.physics.* decades ago?
Also known as Archie-Pu. (pronounced as "poo") :wink:

The Forumati came to the rescue, and my access is restored. Thanks!

Likes russ_watters

1. What is SciForums.com?

SciForums.com is an online community for scientists, researchers, and science enthusiasts to discuss various topics related to science, technology, and academia. It was founded in 2002 and has a diverse community from all over the world.

2. How can I become a member at SciForums.com?

To become a member at SciForums.com, you can simply visit the website and click on the "Register" button. You will be asked to provide a username, email address, and password to create an account. Once your account is created, you can start participating in discussions and interacting with other members.

3. Is membership at SciForums.com free?

Yes, membership at SciForums.com is completely free. There are no hidden fees or charges associated with creating an account or participating in discussions. However, the website does accept donations to help with server costs and maintenance.

4. What kind of topics are discussed on SciForums.com?

SciForums.com covers a wide range of topics related to science and technology, including physics, biology, chemistry, astronomy, computer science, and more. Members can also discuss current events, news, and advancements in the scientific community.

5. Can I ask for help with my research or academic work on SciForums.com?

Yes, you can ask for help with your research or academic work on SciForums.com. However, please keep in mind that the website is not a substitute for professional advice and should not be used for plagiarism or cheating. Members are encouraged to provide guidance and resources, but not complete assignments or projects for others.