Anyone in Honolulu interested in astronomy, etc.?

• Thread starter marinamiddleton
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Astronomy
In summary, the speaker is new to a forum and is looking for people in Honolulu who are interested in astronomy-related topics and events. They mention checking out their profile for more information and suggest using other platforms or university resources to find local clubs.
marinamiddleton
Hi! I'm new to the forum, but I'm looking for some people who live in Honolulu who are interested in astronomy, astrophysics, cosmology, etc.. I'm especially interested in clubs/group meets and getting together to view astronomical events. Check out my profile to learn more about me. :)

Astronomy news on Phys.org
marinamiddleton said:
Hi! I'm new to the forum, but I'm looking for some people who live in Honolulu who are interested in astronomy, astrophysics, cosmology, etc.. I'm especially interested in clubs/group meets and getting together to view astronomical events. Check out my profile to learn more about me. :)
Welcome to the PF.

The PF is not really set up for personal contacts -- Craigslist or Facebook would be better tools for finding local groups near you. You can also check out the local universities to see if there are postings in their Astronomy Departments about such clubs. :smile:

1. What are some popular locations for stargazing in Honolulu?

Some popular locations for stargazing in Honolulu are Mauna Kea, Haleakala National Park, and Waimea Canyon State Park.

2. Are there any astronomy clubs or groups in Honolulu?

Yes, there are several astronomy clubs and groups in Honolulu, such as the Hawaiian Astronomical Society and the University of Hawai'i at Manoa Astronomy Club.

3. Can I see any special astronomical events from Honolulu?

Yes, you can see several special astronomical events from Honolulu, such as meteor showers, lunar eclipses, and planetary alignments.

4. Are there any observatories or planetariums in Honolulu?

Yes, there are several observatories and planetariums in Honolulu, such as the Bishop Museum's J. Watumull Planetarium and the University of Hawai'i Institute for Astronomy's Manoa and Haleakala Observatories.

5. What resources are available for beginners interested in astronomy in Honolulu?

There are several resources available for beginners interested in astronomy in Honolulu, such as beginner-friendly astronomy clubs and online resources from the University of Hawai'i Institute for Astronomy.