AP chemistry 2006 Form A Questions

In summary, the conversation discusses a question on the Ap Chemistry 2006 Form A Free Response Questions and the attempt at a solution for part a, b, and c. The user shares their answers for part a and b, and asks for confirmation on part c. They later update that they have figured it out and request for the thread to be closed.
future_chemist

Homework Statement

I'm doing #5 in this Ap Chemistry 2006 Form A Free Response Questions. Here's the link http://www.collegeboard.com/prod_downloads/student/testing/ap/chemistry/_ap06_frq_chemistry.pdf

Homework Equations

N/A

The Attempt at a Solution

I think i got the first 3 parts right. Here's what i came up with.

a. X = Na2CO3
Y = KCl
Z = MgSO4

b. OH- + Mg+2 -> Mg(OH)2

c. X has a PH greater than 7 because the its solution contains OH-

Physics news on Phys.org
Answers look good except for 'c'. The answer is not false but is not the answer to the question asked. The presence of OH- must be backed up by more information, especially a reaction indicating where the OH- came from.

I got it figured out already. Thanks anyway. Please close this thread if you don't mind :)

1. What is the format of the AP Chemistry 2006 Form A Questions?

The AP Chemistry 2006 Form A Questions consist of multiple-choice and free-response questions, with a total of 75 points possible.

2. Are the questions in the AP Chemistry 2006 exam the same as the current exam?

No, the questions in the AP Chemistry 2006 exam may be different from the current exam as the content and format of the exam are subject to change each year.

3. How long is the AP Chemistry 2006 exam?

The AP Chemistry 2006 exam is 3 hours and 15 minutes long, with a 90-minute multiple-choice section and a 105-minute free-response section.

4. Is there a calculator allowed for the AP Chemistry 2006 exam?

Yes, a scientific or graphing calculator is allowed for the AP Chemistry 2006 exam. However, there are certain restrictions on the types of calculators that are allowed. It is recommended to check the College Board's website for the most updated calculator policy.

5. How can I prepare for the AP Chemistry 2006 exam?

There are many resources available to help prepare for the AP Chemistry 2006 exam, including review books, practice tests, and online resources. It is also recommended to review class notes and complete practice problems to strengthen understanding of the material covered on the exam.