Is It Normal to Feel Relaxed Before Multiple AP Exams?

In summary, the speaker is giving three AP late testing exams in the next two days and is usually in a state of panic, but this time is feeling normal and relaxed. They have gone through sample exams and feel comfortable with most of the material, but still have some revision to do. Another person in the conversation shares their experience of doing well on an AP physics exam after being relaxed and watching a movie the night before, but not doing as well on an AP chemistry exam after stressing and studying hard. The speaker believes it is better to be relaxed and not worry too much, as studying now won't change anything and the exam itself is what matters. They also mention writing an AP Physics C exam last year and feeling nervous about an upcoming Chemistry
sarvesh0303
I am giving three AP late testing tests (Mechanics, Calculus BC, Chemistry) in the next two days. Usually, I would be in panic mode at this point of time. However, I am normal, relaxed, just finishing up stuff for the exam in a casual (but thorough manner). I went through a couple of sample exams, and seem to be comfortable with most of the material, but still have some revision left to do.
Is it okay to be so relaxed before the exam?

Note: I was not sure exactly which part of the forum to post this on. If this is not the proper place, I request the forum authorities to place it in the appropriate section.

Physics news on Phys.org
Good luck man.

For my AP physics exam, I remember watching the movie Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle the night before. I ended up doing extremely well.

For my AP chemistry exam, I remember studying very hard the days leading to the exam, revising everything and practicing heaps of questions, which made me stressed on the day of the exam. Didn't end up doing as great as I did in physics.

I think it is good to be relaxed and not to worry. If you have already been studying, then studying now won't change anything, what matters now is how well you do on the exam itself.

Thanks. Last year I wrote AP Physics C: E&M . It went pretty well. I am a bit nervous about Chemistry, but worrying about chem has never done me any good. Thankfully, it's mostly Physical Chemistry, so no memorization of stuff involved. :)

1. Is it normal to feel worried about the AP exam tomorrow?

It is completely normal to feel worried about an upcoming exam, especially one as important as the AP exam. It shows that you care about your performance and are taking the exam seriously.

2. How can I calm my nerves before the AP exam tomorrow?

There are several ways to calm your nerves before an exam. Some techniques include deep breathing, positive self-talk, and visualization. It's also helpful to get a good night's sleep, eat a healthy breakfast, and arrive at the exam location early.

3. What can I do if I feel unprepared for the AP exam tomorrow?

If you feel unprepared for the AP exam, it's important to not panic. Instead, focus on reviewing key concepts and practicing with past exams. You can also reach out to your teacher or a tutor for additional support and guidance.

4. Should I study the night before the AP exam tomorrow?

It's generally not recommended to cram the night before an exam. Instead, use this time to relax and get a good night's sleep. Trust in the studying and preparation you have already done leading up to the exam.

5. What happens if I fail the AP exam tomorrow?

If you do not receive a passing score on the AP exam, you may be able to retake it in the future. However, it's important to remember that the score does not define your intelligence or potential for success. Use it as a learning experience and focus on improving in the future.