Applied Mechanics Tutoring - Find Local Help Here

• Thread starter togo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Tutor
In summary: I'm pretty sure that I could get help if need beIn summary, the person is asking for help with physics problems, but is short on sleep and has not been getting help from the threads. They suggest that people post their questions in a shorter form and share their thoughts so that they can get help.
togo
I spent a couple minutes perusing the site to see if there was an appropriate place for this question. Basically I've tried all the local tutors for my applied mechanics problems and none seem to have the training for it. That was through the school and kijiji. Since I'm willing to take pictures of my homework and post them is there someone who would be willing to help me solve these questions at a price

i understand nothing really comes free and I put a bunch of work into posting questions here and then wait days for often no response.

Physics news on Phys.org
The reason that you got no response to your threads is probably because you didn't provide any attempt at the solution. Post the question and then present your work, however it is. Then people will be willing to help you. This is better way of learning physics
than hiring expensive tutors.

what sir Issac said :p
these forums are free and people would be happy to help free of charge

One thing that is obvious to me from some of your threads is that people are not willing to read whole scanned pages of the text looking for the single phrase/picture that you don't understand. Crop them so that it is obvious where the problem is. The shorter and more to the point your question is, the better the chances of getting the answer.

It's not always obvious to me where the problem is, and its stupid to warn me for cross posting after someone told me to go to engineering forums instead of homework forums for a homework question. Obviously the same people aren't at both places so it makes sense then to make two threads ? yes paid tutorship is against this forum I can see but I did get an offer from someone and I don't want to feel like an *** hole for expecting free advice which I need sometimes very quickly so I'd just feel better paying for it.

I am supremely thankful for the help coming out of here but last term it didn't come fast enough and I ended up with no resources at all and 50% in the course. (he rewards effort and attitude)

it just feels like people answer questions that are convenient/easy to answer as frequently I watch 300 people view the post and other threads are getting answered with a much lower view count

but ok i'll try narrow down the problems from now on

I'm really short on sleep today... posts may reflect that :/

Last edited:
One more suggestion, if I may. Do you have peer study-groups at your school? Your peers need not be a lot more advanced than you to help you. Often, they need to just "see" problems a bit differently, so you can figure out why you are getting stumped. If you will put some time and effort into parsing the problems and share your thoughts, you might be able to help your peers in their studies, too. That is plenty of pay-back! No money involved - just a bit of time and effort.

yah actually that's a good point. There is something going on at the university although I go to college.

What is applied mechanics tutoring?

Applied mechanics tutoring is a service that provides personalized academic assistance to students who are struggling with the concepts and principles of applied mechanics. It typically involves one-on-one sessions with an experienced tutor who can help the student improve their understanding and problem-solving skills in this subject.

How can applied mechanics tutoring benefit me?

Applied mechanics tutoring can benefit you in several ways. It can help you improve your grades and performance in this subject, build a stronger foundation of knowledge, and develop better study habits and problem-solving skills. It can also boost your confidence and motivation in this subject and help you achieve your academic goals.

Where can I find local applied mechanics tutoring services?

There are various ways to find local applied mechanics tutoring services, such as searching online for tutoring companies or platforms, asking for recommendations from friends or teachers, or checking with your school or university for available tutoring resources. You can also contact local tutoring centers or private tutors directly to inquire about their services.

What qualifications should I look for in an applied mechanics tutor?

When looking for an applied mechanics tutor, it is essential to consider their qualifications and experience. Ideally, they should have a strong background in this subject, such as a degree in mechanical engineering or a related field, and relevant teaching or tutoring experience. They should also be knowledgeable about various teaching methods and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.

How often should I attend applied mechanics tutoring sessions?

The frequency of applied mechanics tutoring sessions may vary depending on your individual needs and goals. However, it is typically recommended to attend at least one session per week, with additional sessions scheduled as needed. It is also essential to practice regularly and review the material covered in the sessions to maximize the benefits of tutoring.