Are Kindle and iPad Comparisons Misleading?

• Thread starter DoggerDan
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about comparing different e-reader options for a potential Christmas gift. The comparison is between the Nook and Kindle, with the suggestion that an iPad would be a better alternative due to its versatility and compatibility with Barnes and Noble's plan. The conversation also touches on the reliability of CNN tech reviews and the preference for the iPad 2 over the new Kindle.
DoggerDan
Just watched this: http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/tech/2011/10/08/nr-holmes-armstrong-kindle.cnn

I've been reviewing the readers from Amazon and Barnes and Noble with an eye towards buying one as a Christmas gift. Versions of the Nook and the Kindle compare very well, including the color ones. I wouldn't buy either one of the color ones, for if I'm going to spend that sort of money, I'll spend it on something like the iPad 2, which not only does so much more, but works well as a reader under Barnes and Noble's plan that allows up to 6 different devices to be used as a reader under a single plan. Besides, if I'm going to read a book, I want B&W, along with a very long battery life. The colored versions last a few hours on a charge. The B&W versions last for several weeks.

What I'm wondering is why this comparison is being done between an iPad and a Kindle? Which would you prefer as an SUV? A VW Jetta or a Hummer 3?

I clicked the link thinking I was going to gain some useful information in my own decision. What I received, however, is a good reason not to listen to CNN tech reviews.

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org

DoggerDan said:
I clicked the link thinking I was going to gain some useful information in my own decision. What I received, however, is a good reason not to listen to CNN tech reviews.

The tech section of CNN is pretty much the only one I don't read because I've never been impressed. They are comparing the new Kindle to the IPad for publicity and because people are desperate for a legitimate alternative. Personally I'd wait for the Ipad 2.

What is the purpose of "Misguided Tablet Reviews?"

The purpose of "Misguided Tablet Reviews" is to provide a platform for people to share their experiences and opinions about different tablet devices. It aims to help consumers make informed decisions when purchasing a tablet.

How are the reviews on "Misguided Tablet Reviews" collected?

The reviews on "Misguided Tablet Reviews" are collected from individual users who have used the tablet devices and submitted their reviews on the website. They can also be aggregated from other review websites and forums.

Are the reviews on "Misguided Tablet Reviews" trustworthy?

The reviews on "Misguided Tablet Reviews" are subjective and based on personal experiences. They should not be considered as the ultimate truth or the only source of information when making a decision. It is always recommended to do further research and consider multiple sources before purchasing a tablet.

How can I contribute to "Misguided Tablet Reviews"?

If you have used a tablet device, you can submit a review on "Misguided Tablet Reviews" to share your experience. You can also participate in discussions and provide feedback on existing reviews. Additionally, you can help by reporting any false or misleading information found on the website.

Can I trust the ratings on "Misguided Tablet Reviews"?

The ratings on "Misguided Tablet Reviews" are based on the overall average of all the reviews submitted for a particular tablet device. They may not accurately reflect your personal experience with the device. It is recommended to read the reviews and consider the ratings as a general guide rather than a definitive measure of the device's quality.