Are Old-School Phones Still Popular Among Kids?

In summary, when choosing a ceiling fan for your room, it is important to consider the square footage and select a fan with an appropriate blade span. Before installing the fan, it is recommended to have a ceiling fan brace or box installed to ensure its stability. You will need a variety of tools to install the fan, including a screwdriver, wire cutters, wire strippers, pliers, and a voltage tester. When wiring the ceiling fan, it is crucial to follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully or hire a professional electrician. Lastly, most ceiling fans can be installed on sloped or angled ceilings, but it is important to use a mounting kit and follow the manufacturer's instructions for a safe and proper installation.
phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
IT grandkid.jpg

Likes 1oldman2, dlgoff, DennisN and 6 others
Physics news on Phys.org
But the dialogue already gets to a halt at: "Go into settings". No way to proceed any further,

Do any kids still use phones that look like that? :wideeyed:

Likes QuantumQuest
jtbell said:
Do any kids still use phones that look like that? :wideeyed:
He's at his OTHER grandma's house :smile:

Likes 1oldman2, Evo, cnh1995 and 3 others

1. How do I choose the right size ceiling fan for my room?

The size of the ceiling fan should be determined based on the size of your room. For rooms with a square footage of less than 75, a fan with a blade span of 36 inches or less is recommended. For rooms with a square footage of 75-144, a fan with a blade span of 36-42 inches is recommended. For rooms with a square footage of 144-225, a fan with a blade span of 44-50 inches is recommended. For rooms with a square footage of 225-400, a fan with a blade span of 50-54 inches is recommended.

2. Do I need to have a ceiling fan brace or box installed before installing the fan?

Yes, it is important to have a ceiling fan brace or box installed before installing the fan. This will ensure that the fan is securely attached to the ceiling and can support its weight. If you are not sure if you have a brace or box already installed, it is recommended to have a professional check before attempting to install the fan.

3. What tools do I need to install a ceiling fan?

The tools needed to install a ceiling fan include a screwdriver, wire cutters, wire strippers, pliers, a ladder, and a voltage tester. You may also need a drill and drill bits if you need to install a ceiling fan brace or box.

4. How do I wire the ceiling fan correctly?

It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for wiring the ceiling fan. Generally, you will need to connect the black wire from the fan to the black wire from the ceiling, the white wire from the fan to the white wire from the ceiling, and the green or copper wire from the fan to the green or copper wire from the ceiling. If you are not familiar with electrical wiring, it is recommended to hire a professional electrician to ensure it is done correctly.

5. Can I install a ceiling fan on a sloped or angled ceiling?

Yes, most ceiling fans come with a mounting kit that allows them to be installed on sloped or angled ceilings. However, it is important to make sure the fan is designed for this type of installation and to follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully to ensure it is installed correctly and safely.