Are You Ready to Witness Declassified Nuclear Bomb Tests on YouTube?

In summary, a Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory YouTube playlist of 64 recently declassified nuclear bomb test videos has been shared, including one that shows a test over the ocean. Some viewers have speculated about the timing of the release, while others have expressed their appreciation for the videos.
BillTre
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Here is a Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory YouTube playlist of 64 recently declassified nuclear bomb test videos.

Likes Bandersnatch, DrClaude and 1oldman2
Physics news on Phys.org
Thank you!
Did you see Iran's nuclear test ?

BillTre said:
Here is a Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory YouTube playlist of 64 recently declassified nuclear bomb test videos.
Very cool, thanks for the link. Those are certainly racking up the view counts quickly.

OmCheeto said:
Wondering if the timing has anything to do with Vera Lynn turning 100 yesterday, or if it's just a coincidence?
The reason I hear was that someone was worried about the films deteriorating and that they were scattered all over in many different archives.

On the other hand, Dr. Strangelove, a most awesome film.
Now I don't worry, I just love the bomb.

Likes 1oldman2 and OmCheeto
BillTre said:
On the other hand, Dr. Strangelove, a most awesome film.
Now I don't worry, I just love the bomb.
:thumbup:

BillTre said:
The one titled "Operation Hardtack-1 - Nutmeg 51538" shows a test over the ocean (Bikini?). I see quite a few sea birds taking flight/fright after the explosion. I'm guessing those birds would all have been permanently blinded by the initial flash?

So cool. Thank you for your sharing. I found it really bad but also beautiful. :rolleyes:

1. What are "Boom Nuke films" on YouTube?

"Boom Nuke films" on YouTube are a type of video content that typically features explosions or other high-intensity action scenes. These videos often use visual effects and editing techniques to create a dramatic and thrilling viewing experience.

2. Who creates "Boom Nuke films" on YouTube?

"Boom Nuke films" on YouTube are typically created by independent filmmakers or hobbyists who have a passion for creating action-packed videos. Some may also be created by professional production companies or individuals looking to showcase their special effects skills.

3. Are "Boom Nuke films" on YouTube safe to watch?

While the explosions and action in "Boom Nuke films" on YouTube may look realistic, they are actually created using special effects and editing techniques. As long as the viewer is not attempting to recreate these stunts, "Boom Nuke films" are safe to watch.

4. Are "Boom Nuke films" on YouTube appropriate for all ages?

Because "Boom Nuke films" often feature violence and explosions, they may not be suitable for younger viewers. It is always recommended to check the age rating or parental guidance suggested before watching these types of videos.

5. Can I use "Boom Nuke films" on YouTube for educational purposes?

Some "Boom Nuke films" on YouTube may have educational value for understanding special effects or filmmaking techniques. However, it is important to carefully research the content and its creator to ensure it is appropriate and credible for educational use.