Are you the most righteous person on the planet

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Planet
In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of lying and when it may be necessary in order to maintain peace or avoid difficult situations. It also touches on the idea that it can be easier to tell the truth, but there are times when lying may seem like the best option. The individuals in the conversation have varying opinions on lying and its consequences. Ultimately, it is acknowledged that everyone lies to some extent, but constantly lying can lead to more problems.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Or do you some times have to tell a porky pie (lie) even if it is just to keep the peace: darling how do like my hair,
oh it looks gorgeous darling, when you really think it looks awful.
Or any other white lie, to your boss, GF, spouse.

Physics news on Phys.org
Tell the truth to your allies and deceive your adversaries.
And if your wife asks how the meal is that she just fixed for you - you may have a choice between more bad meals or no meals at all.

Would you believe a person who claimed to have never lied? I would not.

Who would you find most truthful, one who claimed to tell the truth, one who claimed to lie, or one who claimed nothing at all?

I would believe the one who said he was a liar.:eek:

I am a liar. The notorious one.

I am predominantly a non-liar for completely selfish and amoral reasons: it's too hard to remember and maintain deceptions over time. It's just much easier to tell the truth. On the other hand, there are always times when telling the truth creates more problems than it solves under a given circumstance.

Likes Jonathan Scott, Silicon Waffle, DennisN and 1 other person
zoobyshoe said:
I am predominantly a non-liar for completely selfish and amoral reasons: it's too hard to remember and maintain deceptions over time. It's just much easier to tell the truth. On the other hand, there are always times when telling the truth creates more problems than it solves under a given circumstance.
Zooby you are as straight as a razor blade until you get nicked:biggrin:

zoobyshoe said:
On the other hand, there are always times when telling the truth creates more problems than it solves under a given circumstance.
I agree with this.
Depeche Mode - Policy of Truth said:
Now you're standing there tongue tied
You'd better learn your lesson well
Hide what you have to hide
And tell what you have to tell
You'll see your problems multiplied
If you continually decide
To faithfully pursue
The policy of truth
Depeche mode - Policy of Truth

how can I be ? I'm married ... the wife is always "right" regardless of the facts :biggrin::-p

Likes Silicon Waffle
:DD

The only time I lie, is when I talk about how much I lie!

1. What does it mean to be the most righteous person on the planet?

Being the most righteous person on the planet means that you consistently act in accordance with moral and ethical principles, and strive to do what is right and just in all aspects of your life.

2. How can one determine if they are the most righteous person on the planet?

It is not possible for one person to accurately determine if they are the most righteous person on the planet. It is a subjective term and can vary based on individual beliefs and values.

3. Is it important to be the most righteous person on the planet?

While it is certainly admirable to strive for righteousness, it is not essential to be the most righteous person on the planet. What is important is to continually work towards being a good, moral and ethical person.

4. Can someone be the most righteous person on the planet and still make mistakes?

Being the most righteous person on the planet does not mean that a person is perfect and never makes mistakes. It is about consistently striving towards righteousness, even if there are occasional slip-ups.

5. Is it possible for there to be more than one most righteous person on the planet?

It is possible for there to be multiple individuals who are considered to be the most righteous person on the planet, depending on different perspectives and beliefs. It is not a title that can be definitively given to just one person.