Ask a Stupid Quetion Get a Stupid Answer

• Thread starter climbhi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Stupid
In summary, a group of individuals are discussing a new forum and its purpose of asking and answering "stupid questions." They discuss topics such as how long it takes to reach 1000 posts, the existence of the old forums, the best superpower, an elevator that goes sideways, and the reasons behind posting in this forum. They also explore the question of why they ask questions and the possible theories that have not been invented. Eventually, the conversation turns to the expansion of the universe and the orbit of planets around stars.
  • #3,326
Has anyone proposed that the Moon is the remains of the once molten core of a planet, perhaps similar in size to Earth. The Planet had some catastrophe and then the remaining core cooled over time taking various hits which would be easier to understand as it was still in a semi-molten state. I was reading an article today that said they observed the remains of a volcano on the far side of the moon, which appeared to be the last active volcano before it finally cooled completely, would be my guess. Has this line of thought been considered, that the moon is perhaps the barren remains of the core of a planet. Could it have been a planet similar to Earth? Would it's size be representative of the size of the Earth's core and could we have had a twin?

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #3,327
Please remember what thread you are in.

The rules are - You answer the last members question, then you ask a new stupid question. (or in this case quetion)

• #3,328
If you're an engineer, do you build sentry guns and erect dispensers?

• #3,329
hubewa said:
If you're an engineer, do you build sentry guns and erect dispensers?

About as much as medics pick people up and heal dismemberment and bullet wounds with injections.

• #3,330
Pudding.

What's the square root of a square root?(as in a root that's shaped like a square)

• #3,331
AndromedaRXJ said:
Pudding.

What's the square root of a square root?(as in a root that's shaped like a square)
There's only one plant in the world with a square root and it is called, for reasons no one can explain, the triangle weed. The root of its square root is, of course, a particular gene called, for reasons no one can explain, the Bobo Gene. "Bobo" means "stupid" in Spanish. It is not acceptable to refer to yourself or your friends as "Bobo". Unless the whole conversation is going to be in Spanish.

Hola?

• #3,332
zoobyshoe said:
There's only one plant in the world with a square root and it is called, for reasons no one can explain, the triangle weed. The root of its square root is, of course, a particular gene called, for reasons no one can explain, the Bobo Gene. "Bobo" means "stupid" in Spanish. It is not acceptable to refer to yourself or your friends as "Bobo". Unless the whole conversation is going to be in Spanish.

Hola?

However in order to know why the triangle weed is hence called you need ask the South Korean's who besides learning Gemorha they are also leaning towards the paring kabbalah books that explain how the dog which reversed is god is really a fish dag or dog. The South Korean's child may one day enlighten you that in the 6th chapther of the Sefer Yetzirah (book of formation, one will find the Leviathan. A huge fish or some say a serpent that defines the nodes of the moon mathematically. This fish is really a vortex and not a fish, dog or serpent and it defines the structure of the soul. G-dly soul. So a dog is really the revelation of G-d as is everything. But we do not understand this and wait on the beautiful South Korean children to bring this all down to us. Perhaps right here on PF in 100 years.
Signed,
Bobo
Which I can call myself because the Sefer Yetzirah is translated by a Sefardic jew, which is also a Spanish Jew ( Aryeh Kaplan) who also happen to be a physicist when he had to go to work.
And Bo in Hebrew means go and come so I don't know what to do. Bo or bo or bobo??

• #3,333
Lacy33 said:
However in order to know why the triangle weed is hence called you need ask the South Korean's who besides learning Gemorha they are also leaning towards the paring kabbalah books that explain how the dog which reversed is god is really a fish dag or dog. The South Korean's child may one day enlighten you that in the 6th chapther of the Sefer Yetzirah (book of formation, one will find the Leviathan. A huge fish or some say a serpent that defines the nodes of the moon mathematically. This fish is really a vortex and not a fish, dog or serpent and it defines the structure of the soul. G-dly soul. So a dog is really the revelation of G-d as is everything. But we do not understand this and wait on the beautiful South Korean children to bring this all down to us. Perhaps right here on PF in 100 years.
Signed,
Bobo
Which I can call myself because the Sefer Yetzirah is translated by a Sefardic jew, which is also a Spanish Jew ( Aryeh Kaplan) who also happen to be a physicist when he had to go to work.
And Bo in Hebrew means go and come so I don't know what to do. Bo or bo or bobo??

Neither - it's boo-boo, and it's on my toe.

Can I just put a pin in my clock to stop time in this delicious moment?

• #3,334
lisab said:
Neither - it's boo-boo, and it's on my toe.

Can I just put a pin in my clock to stop time in this delicious moment?

Aw! What's the recipe?

• #3,335
Oh YES!~ Johns Hopkins is doing another Research roundup for particapants to do brain transplants again. How do I make sure I don't get my original back again? Does anyone have any experience in with Johns Hopkins research department?

• #3,336
Lacy33 said:
Aw! What's the recipe?

Alligator milk that's made out of paper clips and pulsars that are made out of chocolate that's really made out of plastic that's really made out of electricity and dog hair from a monkey that's really made out of titanium made out of green orange juice that's really made out of things that don't exist such as alligator milk that's made out of paper clips and pulsars that are made out of chocolate that's really made out of plastic that's really made out of electricity and dog hair from a monkey that's really made out of titanium made out of green orange juice that's really made out of things that don't exist such as alligator milk. And 42.

How do you spell FysicsPhorums?

• #3,337
Dang it. You replied before me :P

Edit: Wait a minute, you're the same person. lol

• #3,338
AndromedaRXJ said:
Alligator milk that's made out of paper clips and pulsars that are made out of chocolate that's really made out of plastic that's really made out of electricity and dog hair from a monkey that's really made out of titanium made out of green orange juice that's really made out of things that don't exist such as alligator milk that's made out of paper clips and pulsars that are made out of chocolate that's really made out of plastic that's really made out of electricity and dog hair from a monkey that's really made out of titanium made out of green orange juice that's really made out of things that don't exist such as alligator milk. And 42.

How do you spell FysicsPhorums?

Fi6(um)(um)(um)(um)

How did the monkey get the dog hair?

• #3,339
lisab said:
Fi6(um)(um)(um)(um)

How did the monkey get the dog hair?

Cute kid. But he's multiplying letters. And some researcher is trying to prove math can exist outside of language. What? Another jewish question?
Lisab, the monkey got the dog hair cause he is one mean monkey.

• #3,340
Lacy33 said:
Cute kid. But he's multiplying letters. And some researcher is trying to prove math can exist outside of language. What? Another jewish question?

Lacy, you're supposed to answer the previous poster's quetion then ask one of your own.

• #3,341
zoobyshoe said:
Lacy, you're supposed to answer the previous poster's quetion then ask one of your own.
copied that. :redface:

And Bo in Hebrew means go and come so I don't know what to do. Bo or bo or bobo. Which??

• #3,342
Lacy33 said:
copied that. :redface:

And Bo in Hebrew means go and come so I don't know what to do. Bo or bo or bobo. Which??

To be is to bo, and to bo is to be.
If an elephant became a sea turtle, what would you call it?

• #3,343
wisvuze said:
If an elephant became a sea turtle, what would you call it?
I'd call it an acid flashback.

Speaking of acid, it's well known that Medieval Alchemists used to brew an acidic liquid from sea turtle spleen steeped in elephant's milk, with some snake venom and tin oxide. Translated as "Planet Slippery" by some authors, this liquid, when inbibed, was purported to make all surfaces seem perfectly smooth and frictionless to the experiencer, with the result he was completely unable to stand up.

Was that fun?

• #3,344
Yes,it is fun.I brewed a batch myself and had a nice lie down for a few days.In fact I enjoyed it so much that I am donating a large supply to be put in Congress' drinking water.Do you think they will enjoy it as much as I did?And will anyone notice that they have had some?

• #3,345
adicabrady said:
And will anyone notice that they have had some?
This reminds me of the old philosophical quetion, "If a congressman slips and falls in the woods and there are no reporters around to leverage it up into a scandal, will a bear become the speaker of the house?" I don't like quetions like that, because they never factor global warming into the equation.

All this talk about tree hugging reminds me of the story of the chemist who acquired a black cat and named it Carbon. He then set out to determine the magnitude of it's footprint. I don't recall the figure he arrived at, but he published a paper about it entitled "My Carbon's Footprint". Every black cat who read the paper thought that was a clever name, and soon there were many Carbon copies. Eventually, you couldn't walk down the street without having your path crossed by a Carbon copy cat. (Withal, though, there was nothing especially remarkable about their footprints.) The original Carbon the Cat's name will go down in history in the form of a million namesakes, while his namer remains anonymous, and his remarkable work in feline footprint figuring is universally ignored.

If the purpose of a PhD in Chemistry is to enable a person to come up with one good cat name in their carrear, what, then, might be the purpose of, say, a PhD in molecular biology?

• #3,346
to get famous.
how do we get fame?

• #3,347
by dating the wife of your neighbour.

Why boys don't have menstruation ?

• #3,348
Because God is male and he is a misogynist.How would this world be different if God became female instead?

• #3,349
Eve, would have been created first. God would have seen that it was good. No need for Adam.

How do I get a hot billionare to marry me?

• #3,350
Become a Trillion-er yourself. Would you please not answer this question ?

• #3,351
I_am_learning said:
Become a Trillion-er yourself. Would you please not answer this question ?

Yes, I wont. What is a paradox?

• #3,352
JonDE said:
What is a paradox?
The trivial anser is that it is a situation where you have two doxes that are matched to each other by virtue of one being the enantiomorph of the other.

However, some scholars maintain there is no such thing as a "dox". This school of thinking takes it's inspiration from the oft-quoted remark of Wilson, which I needn't repeat here, in which he uses the term "au pair a d'ox", referring to a French nanny for oxen. Wilson's French was notoriously bad, so this interpretation of his meaning is in dispute. Particularly among those who dispute it. Those who don't dispute it, often also don't dispute, the ox-team solution to Xeno's Paradox, whereby two oxes linked to each other, are free to traverse a given space without first achieving the halfway mark, because no philosopher will halt them there, philosophers being leary of large farm animals.

If the dox exists, though, how do we determine its age?

• #3,353
zoobyshoe said:
If the dox exists, though, how do we determine its age?
By examining its teeth, of course. Using the Doxident scale is by far the most accurate way of determining the age of a dox: it is based on a strong linear correlation between an expression involving dental dimensions and age. The more popular, albeit marginally less accurate techique, involves lining up all the teeth of the dox - crowns down - in order of their lengths, and eyeballing the slope of the line joining the tips of the roots. With a little practise you can determine a dox's age to a 90% accuracy in under a minute using this clever method now popular around the world. I believe the technique is called Orient and Doxident.

But how do you determine the age of dox that's been in one too many barroom brawls?

• #3,354
Gokul43201 said:
But how do you determine the age of dox that's been in one too many barroom brawls?
Clearly you're referring to the fact that, after a brawl, a dox won't be expected to have the same number of teeth as before the brawl. The mysterious increase in the number of dox teeth that results from a brawl has not been satisfactorily explained by science or economics. Religion does not pretend to account for it, nor does psychology. What explains it is opinion. The word "opinion", you see, might be misread as "onion". It follows logically from that premise that dox teeth increase in number due to brawls. One need only cut the onion in half and count the rings to determine the age of the dox.

Did I skip a step somewhere?

• #3,355
How many licks does it take to get to the center of the lollipop?

• #3,356
Three licks! I crunch them. :biggrin:How many times you chew a gum before stick it underneath the table? :biggrin:

• #3,357
Zero, real men chew lollipops.

:rolleyes:

What do you get when you cross a computer and your pillow?

• #3,358
zoobyshoe said:
Clearly you're referring to the fact that, after a brawl, a dox won't be expected to have the same number of teeth as before the brawl. The mysterious increase in the number of dox teeth that results from a brawl has not been satisfactorily explained by science or economics. Religion does not pretend to account for it, nor does psychology. What explains it is opinion. The word "opinion", you see, might be misread as "onion". It follows logically from that premise that dox teeth increase in number due to brawls. One need only cut the onion in half and count the rings to determine the age of the dox.

Did I skip a step somewhere?
No. However cutting the onion in half to determine its age leads to the paradox of your question being answered by not answering it.
Infinitum said:
What do you get when you cross a computer and your pillow?
The next step to assimilation.
Why would you think that resistance isn't futile?

• #3,359
Using ohm's law, we can see that R=V/I, and we know that resistance is futile if I=0.
Thus, as R is undefined when I=0, then we can say that resistance is in fact not futile.

Why don't I write with my feet?

• #3,360
Why don't I write with my feet?

Because you are unwilling to accept the next stage in human evolution where we no longer use our hands.

Why aren't we on Mars yet?