How Do I Measure Vo and Vi Across Frequencies from 1kHz to 100kHz?

In summary, the user is seeking help with measuring Vo and Vi over a range of frequencies for a given voltage source, inductance, capacitance, and resistance. They have attempted the calculations but are unsure if they have done them correctly. They have been asked to calculate the transfer function ##\frac{V_o}{V_i}## by using complex impedances.
IronaSona
Hello ,am posting this thread because i need help with 1Q , i was told by my tutor to measure Vo and Vi over the range of frequencies 1khz to 100khz , but i have no idea how to do that ,am not very good at maths and that's why i been really struggling to do it , i have tried doing it but am 100% that i have done it wrong .

Spec :
Voltage source =10V
L=25mH
C=0.01uF
R=100 Ohms

i have also attached calculations which i have done .

any help would be great )

Attachments

• 123.PNG
    123.PNG
    2 KB · Views: 128
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    2.3 KB · Views: 126
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums. :smile:

It looks like you are calculating the impedances, but they are asking for the transfer function ##\frac{V_o}{V_i}##

Can you work on calculating that transfer function (it's a voltage divider with the complex impedances used)...

1. What is a bandpass filter?

A bandpass filter is an electronic circuit that allows only a specific range of frequencies to pass through while attenuating all other frequencies. It is commonly used in signal processing and communication systems to isolate and amplify a specific frequency range.

2. How does a bandpass filter work?

A bandpass filter works by combining a low-pass filter and a high-pass filter in series. The low-pass filter blocks high frequencies, while the high-pass filter blocks low frequencies. Together, they create a bandpass filter that only allows a specific range of frequencies to pass through.

3. What are the applications of a bandpass filter?

Bandpass filters have a wide range of applications in various fields, including audio processing, telecommunications, and biomedical engineering. They are used to remove unwanted noise from signals, extract specific frequencies, and improve signal-to-noise ratio.

4. How do I calculate the bandwidth of a bandpass filter?

The bandwidth of a bandpass filter can be calculated by subtracting the lower cutoff frequency from the upper cutoff frequency. The cutoff frequencies are determined by the values of the components used in the filter circuit, such as resistors and capacitors.

5. Can I design my own bandpass filter?

Yes, it is possible to design your own bandpass filter using basic electronic components and knowledge of circuit design. However, it is recommended to consult a professional or use specialized software to ensure the filter meets your specific requirements and functions properly.