Basic intergration problem still stuck help.

In summary, integration is a mathematical process used in science to analyze and interpret data, make predictions, and understand relationships between variables. To solve an integration problem, one must identify the function, determine the limits of integration, apply integration rules, and evaluate the integral. Common techniques include the power rule, substitution, parts, and trigonometric substitution. To check for correctness, one can differentiate the solution or seek assistance. Tips for efficient problem solving include practice, simplifying the integrand, breaking up complicated integrals, and utilizing resources such as tables and calculators.
hornady
The integral is t(4+9t)^(1/2) dt

I have tried u-sub and integration by parts but i can't figure it out.

u=4+9t
du=9 Does not help because i still have that t to deal with.

I have spent more time then i want to admit trying to figure it out, and there are plenty more in the hw.

Can someone help me out so i can move on with the assignment?

Thanks guys/gals.

Physics news on Phys.org
Solve for t in u = 4 + 9t
and substitute it back into the first t in the integral.

1. What is integration and why is it important in science?

Integration is a mathematical process that involves finding the area under a curve. It is important in science because it allows us to analyze and interpret data, make predictions, and understand complex relationships between variables.

2. What are the basic steps for solving an integration problem?

The basic steps for solving an integration problem are: 1) Identify the function to be integrated, 2) Determine the limits of integration, 3) Apply appropriate integration rules or techniques, 4) Evaluate the integral and simplify the answer.

3. What are some common integration techniques that can be used to solve integration problems?

Some common integration techniques include: 1) The power rule, 2) Integration by substitution, 3) Integration by parts, 4) Integration by partial fractions, 5) Trigonometric substitution, and 6) Integration using tables of integrals.

4. How can I check if my solution to an integration problem is correct?

You can check your solution by differentiating it and seeing if you get back the original function. You can also use online integration calculators or ask a teacher or tutor for assistance.

5. What are some tips for solving integration problems more efficiently?

Some tips for solving integration problems more efficiently include: 1) Practice and become familiar with different integration techniques, 2) Simplify the integrand as much as possible before attempting to integrate, 3) Check your answer for correctness, 4) Break up complicated integrals into smaller, more manageable parts, and 5) Use tables of integrals or online calculators for assistance.