Become a Wizard: How to Fake Supernatural Powers

• Thread starter GladScientist
  • Start date
In summary, Hydrick claims to be able to turn pages with his mind, but the trick doesn't seem to work.
GladScientist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=QlfMsZwr8rc

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows how to do the trick that Hydrick did in this video (turning the pages), or any other ways of faking supernatural powers. I know Hydrick was "just blowing" but try it yourself: get a phone book and blow on the pages. It's not going to give you a result anything like that. Does anyone know specifically what to do to make this happen? Or ways of faking any other powers?

Thanks ;)

Physics news on Phys.org
I'd tell you except I'd never be able to get another gig.
alliance-photo.jpg

Think... Bernoulli...

Danger said:
Think... Bernoulli...
Well, I tried it. I opened a book and mentally repeated "Bernoulli" about a hundred times. No pages turned.

I put on my robe and wizard hat...

I think Randi said that Hydrick had trained for several years to make it happen. I'll grant that extraordinary powers after extensive preparation in mundane circumstances are capable of producing something magical. I have to wonder, though, if magicians more often than not tell us a fake secret to a trick.

I have to wonder, though, if magicians more often than not tell us a fake secret to a trick.
Or not the whole story such as taking a drinking straw and making it up to look like a pencil.

I'm a wizard in diablo 3.

GladScientist said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=QlfMsZwr8rc

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows how to do the trick that Hydrick did in this video (turning the pages), or any other ways of faking supernatural powers. I know Hydrick was "just blowing" but try it yourself: get a phone book and blow on the pages. It's not going to give you a result anything like that. Does anyone know specifically what to do to make this happen? Or ways of faking any other powers?

Thanks ;)

He turned on a fan?

1. How can I become a wizard?

Becoming a wizard is not actually possible as magic and supernatural powers do not exist in our world. However, you can learn about the science behind illusions and tricks that may make it seem like you have supernatural powers.

2. Can anyone become a wizard?

Anyone can learn about the science behind illusions and tricks, but it takes practice and skill to perform them convincingly. It is also important to remember that these are just tricks and not actual supernatural powers.

3. What kind of powers can I fake?

Some common powers that can be faked using science and illusions include mind reading, telekinesis, levitation, and shape-shifting. However, the key is to understand the science behind these illusions and practice them to make them seem realistic.

4. Is it ethical to fake supernatural powers?

Faking supernatural powers is not ethical as it can deceive and manipulate others for personal gain. It is important to use these tricks responsibly and in a controlled environment, such as a magic show or performance.

5. Are there any risks to faking supernatural powers?

The only risk to faking supernatural powers is getting caught and potentially embarrassing yourself. However, it is important to remember that these are just tricks and not real supernatural powers, so there are no actual risks involved.