Best books and lectures in general physics

In summary: I liked Fundamentals of Electricity and Magnetism, by Arthur F. Kip. It is very easy and informative.
Peter25samaha
Can anyone suggest good books and lectures in general physics that can still help in physics nowadays ? And i like to know best authors names in physics .

Physics news on Phys.org
I really enjoyed Understand Physics by Isaac Asimov. It delves more into the conceptual side of physics without getting too mathematical
The Feynman Lectures are available online as well, they're pretty good. Feynman is king.

Likes Peter25samaha
Jess Karakov said:
I really enjoyed Understand Physics by Isaac Asimov. It delves more into the conceptual side of physics without getting too mathematical
The Feynman Lectures are available online as well, they're pretty good. Feynman is king.

I read it all (feynman lectures ) i like read for roger penrose stephen hawking kip thorne and brian greene they don't use math in their books but i think these author are good

Consider the online first year physics lectures given at Yale by R. Shankar. (This is the same guy who wrote the widely used book Principles of Quantum Mechanics.)
I recommend these because aside from Shankar being an unusually good teacher, his sense of humour makes the lectures very entertaining as well.

Lectures
Shankar, Fundamentals of Physics I: http://oyc.yale.edu/physics/phys-200
Shankar,Fundamentals of Physics II: http://oyc.yale.edu/physics/phys-201

Books
Fundamentals of Physics: Mechanics, Relativity, and Thermodynamics, R. Shankar – Dec 2 2013
Fundamentals of Physics II: Electromagnetism, Optics, and Quantum Mechanics, R. Shankar – due out Jun 2016​
Although these are the associated books, they seem to be largely derived from the lectures themselves. So go for a more traditional all-in-one first year physics text that includes lots of exercises, my favourite is the widely used Fundamentals of Physics, Halliday and Resnick.

Likes Peter25samaha
Khaye inta min Lubnan ?

Physicaa said:
Khaye inta min Lubnan ?

What ?

i liked Fundamentals of Electricity and Magnetism, by Arthur F. Kip. Very easy and informative textbook.

Peter25samaha said:
What ?
Sorry, I thought you would have understood me lol

Related to Best books and lectures in general physics

1. What are the best books for learning general physics?

The best books for learning general physics vary depending on the individual's learning style and level of understanding. Some popular options include "University Physics" by Young and Freedman, "Fundamentals of Physics" by Halliday and Resnick, and "Concepts of Modern Physics" by Arthur Beiser. It is recommended to also consult with a physics professor or expert for personalized recommendations.

2. What are the key topics covered in general physics lectures?

General physics lectures typically cover topics such as mechanics, thermodynamics, electromagnetism, optics, and modern physics. These topics can vary slightly depending on the specific course or curriculum, but they generally encompass the fundamental principles and laws of physics.

3. Are there any online resources for general physics lectures?

Yes, there are many reputable online resources for general physics lectures. Some popular options include Khan Academy, MIT OpenCourseWare, and Coursera. These platforms offer a variety of lectures, tutorials, and practice problems for self-study or supplementing traditional lectures.

4. How can I improve my understanding of general physics concepts?

Improving understanding of general physics concepts requires regular practice and application. This can include solving practice problems, conducting experiments, and seeking help from a physics tutor or study group. It is also important to review and clarify any confusing topics with a professor or teaching assistant.

5. Are there any recommended study strategies for mastering general physics?

Some recommended study strategies for mastering general physics include creating study guides or flashcards, practicing problem-solving techniques, and actively engaging in lectures and discussions. It can also be helpful to break down complex concepts into smaller, more manageable parts and to regularly review material to reinforce understanding.