Best Books for Automotive Engineering and Combustion

In summary, the conversation is about a student in their final year of mechanical engineering who is interested in combustion. They have some knowledge of electronics from part-time work in television repair but are looking for books to help them understand the theory and techniques related to automotive engineering, particularly in cars. The recommended books are "Haywood - Internal Combustion Engine Fundamentals" and "The Bosch Handbook." The student is grateful for the recommendation and is interested in hearing about other books in the same field.
machinest
hello everybody here in that great,full&useful forum,
well--im a student in the final year of mechanical engineering,and i was really interested in the whole courses we had taken at school related to the subject of comustion,and i know abit about the techniques of the electronic boeards and electricity,according to part time work i did while school in television repair,which helped to know about electronics,so that was imperical knowledge with televesions-:)-and theoretically knowledge about MECHANICAL ENGINEERING,(not really completely thearetical)but still don't know a lot of techniques and imperical info which I've found its really imp to know to help u at work,so my question about:

what is the best books u advice me to have for ICE field?help me understanding the theory and the techniques about the automative engineering(cars&trucks-etc)and especially cars(electrically&mechanically if allowed).
just give name of the book or the editor.
thanks in advance.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Haywood - Internal Combustion Engine Fundamentals
and
The Bosch Handbook

Both bibles.

thank u so much brewnog.
ill try to get it,cuase I am really interested in that field,and wanted book which discuss all matters related to that field,still want to hear the others best book they had read in the same field.
thanks again brewnog,i really appreaciate ur answer-:)

Related to Best Books for Automotive Engineering and Combustion

1. What are the top recommended books for automotive engineering and combustion?

Some of the top recommended books for automotive engineering and combustion are "Internal Combustion Engine Fundamentals" by John B. Heywood, "Automotive Engineering: Powertrain, Chassis System and Vehicle Body" by David Crolla, "Advanced Automotive Technology: Visions of a Super-Efficient Family Car" by Heinz Heisler, "The Automotive Chassis: Engineering Principles" by Jornsen Reimpell, Helmut Stoll, and Jurgen W. Betzler, and "Introduction to Internal Combustion Engines" by Richard Stone. These books cover a wide range of topics and provide detailed explanations and examples for better understanding.

2. Are there any books specifically focused on combustion in automotive engineering?

Yes, there are several books that specifically focus on combustion in automotive engineering. Some examples include "Combustion Engines Development: Mixture Formation, Combustion, Emissions and Simulation" by Richard Van Basshuysen and Fred Schäfer, "Combustion Processes in Engines: Utilizing Computational Fluid Dynamics" by Tim Crouch, and "Internal Combustion Engine in Theory and Practice: Thermodynamics, Fluid Flow, Performance" by Charles Fayette Taylor. These books delve into the science and mechanics of combustion in detail.

3. What are some good books for beginners in automotive engineering and combustion?

For beginners, "Automotive Engineering: A Systems Approach" by Jack Erjavec and "The Basics of Automotive Engineering" by Ronald K. Jurgen are good options. These books provide a comprehensive overview of the basics of automotive engineering and combustion, making it easier for beginners to understand the concepts and principles. They also include practical examples and exercises for hands-on learning.

4. Are there any books that cover the latest advancements in automotive engineering and combustion?

Yes, there are books that cover the latest advancements in automotive engineering and combustion. Some examples include "Advanced Automotive Technology" by Heinz Heisler, "Automotive Engineering: Lightweight, Functional, and Novel Materials" by Brian Cantor, Patrick Grant, Colin Johnson, and Peter Starke, and "Modern Engine Tuning" by A. Graham Bell. These books discuss the latest technologies, materials, and techniques used in automotive engineering and combustion for improved performance and efficiency.

5. Are there any books that include case studies and real-world examples for better understanding?

Yes, many books include case studies and real-world examples to help readers understand the concepts better. "The Automotive Chassis: Engineering Principles" by Jornsen Reimpell, Helmut Stoll, and Jurgen W. Betzler, "Automotive Engineering: Powertrain, Chassis System and Vehicle Body" by David Crolla, and "Introduction to Internal Combustion Engines" by Richard Stone are some examples. These books provide practical application of theories and principles, making it easier for readers to grasp the concepts.