Best problems in a Physics textbook

In summary, the conversation discusses the difficulty of studying from Serway-Jewett's textbook 6th Edition due to the large number of problems at the end of each chapter. The person is looking for a list of the top 10 to 15 problems to solve instead of all 70+. Suggestions for other textbooks and resources are also mentioned.
M. Amin
Hello, I'm trying to study from Serway-Jewett's text 6th Edition. My problem is that after each chapter there is like 70+ problems and a lot of them are just too direct and a waste of time.. When I know I have to solve 70+ problems on the same subject I just get really unmotivated..

So if there's a list of like 10 to 15 best problems to solve after each chapter that would make life much easier and give me (and other students) more motivation to get to work.. does anyone have that kind of list?

P.S.
I'm studying Electricity & Magnetism and Thermodynamics. If you have a list available for other general physics textbooks please share.

Physics news on Phys.org
griffith intro to electrodynamics, or saslow e&m, i found these two great for studying with

for thermo only book i know is thermo physics by finn

I'm afraid you got me wrong Liquidxlax.. I'm already using serway-Jewett's.. I want a list of the best problems to solve after these chapters instead of solving all 70 something..

If you want reallly difficult problems you have Problems in Physics by I.E. Irodov

I'm not looking for really difficult problems.. just the best 10 to 15 problems out of the 70+ problems after each chapter in Serway-Jewett's textbook

Unfortunately, the book doesn't mark the difficulty of the problems. Why not look at them all? If a problem looks too straightforward, skip it. If it makes you think, tackle it.

seems like what I will have to do..

You could always go on google books search up em and thermo books or look for pdfs. Then do the questions from those.

Related to Best problems in a Physics textbook

What are the best problems in a Physics textbook?

The best problems in a Physics textbook are those that challenge students to think critically, apply concepts, and develop problem-solving skills. These problems should also be relevant to the real world and promote a deeper understanding of key concepts.

Why are these problems considered the best?

These problems are considered the best because they go beyond simple plug-and-chug equations and require students to use their knowledge and analytical skills to solve them. They also cover a wide range of topics and difficulty levels, allowing students to develop a well-rounded understanding of Physics.

How can these problems benefit students?

These problems can benefit students by helping them develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, as well as a deeper understanding of key Physics concepts. They can also prepare students for more complex and challenging problems in higher levels of education or in real-world applications.

What should I look for in a Physics textbook to find the best problems?

When looking for the best problems in a Physics textbook, you should consider the level of difficulty, relevance to real-world applications, and the variety of topics covered. You should also look for problems that encourage critical thinking and require students to apply multiple concepts to solve them.

How can I make the most of these problems in my studies?

To make the most of these problems in your studies, you should approach them with a growth mindset and be willing to put in the time and effort to fully understand and solve them. You should also seek help from instructors or peers if you encounter difficulties and use these problems as a way to deepen your understanding of key Physics concepts.