Biggest Loser prize distribution challenge.

In summary: Similarly, Participant 2 lost 3 lbs and her starting weight was 196.9 lbs, so her percentage of total body weight lost would be (3/196.9) x 100 = 1.76%. Similarly, Participant 3 lost 6 lbs and his starting weight was 212.4 lbs, so his percentage of total body weight lost would be (6/212.4) x 100 = 3.68%. Similarly, Participant 4 lost 9 lbs and his starting weight was 235.7 lbs, so his percentage of total body weight lost would be (9/235.7) x 100 = 5.54%. Similarly, Participant 5 lost 12 lbs and his starting weight
The Internet
So here is my problem.

I am running a "Biggest Loser" weight loss contest at work. My biggest challenge in these contests is keeping the people that are falling behind motivated. To solve this, I would like to spread the winnings across all participants that lose weight not just the biggest loser. I also need a handicap for the 2 woman in the challenge because it has been proven that it is more difficult for woman to lose weight than men. I was thinking about giving them a % of loss advantage of 5 percentage points. I would like to award the person that loses the largest percentage of their total body weight the most. It should be scaled so that if one person lost 20% of their body weight and everyone else only lost 1%, the person that lost 20% would receive most of the winnings.

I know there is a way to do it, I just can't seem to wrap my mind around the logic of how to do it.

So here is the data that I have.

8 Males
2 Females

Total contest pot: $400.00
Total starting group weight: 2134.3 lbs

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Total ending group weight: 2060.8 lbs

Males

Participant 1 - Starting Weight: 189.7 lbs - Ending Weight: 185.7 lbs
Participant 2 - Starting Weight: 196.9 lbs - Ending Weight: 186.1 lbs
Participant 3 - Starting Weight: 212.4 lbs - Ending Weight: 202.2 lbs
Participant 4 - Starting Weight: 235.7 lbs - Ending Weight: 226.0 lbs
Participant 5 - Starting Weight: 263.5 lbs - Ending Weight: 259.5 lbs
Participant 6 - Starting Weight: 280.2 lbs - Ending Weight: 272.2 lbs
Participant 7 - Starting Weight: 299.7 lbs - Ending Weight: 287.7 lbs
Participant 8 - Starting Weight: 302.3 lbs - Ending Weight: 272.6 lbs

Females

Participant 9 - Starting Weight: 155.5 lbs - Ending Weight: 149.4 lbs
Participant 10 - Starting Weight: 186.2 lbs - Ending Weight: 178.6 lbs

To figure out the winnings, we need to calculate each participant's percentage of total body weight lost. For example, Participant 1 lost 4 lbs and his starting weight was 189.7 lbs, so his percentage of total body weight lost would be (4/189.7) x 100 = 2.10%.

What is the "Biggest Loser prize distribution challenge"?

The "Biggest Loser prize distribution challenge" is a competition where individuals or teams compete to lose the most weight over a set period of time. The person or team that loses the most weight is declared the winner and is awarded a prize.

How does the "Biggest Loser prize distribution challenge" work?

The challenge typically involves a group of individuals or teams who weigh in at the beginning of the challenge and then again at the end. The person or team that loses the highest percentage of weight is declared the winner. The prize can vary, but is often a cash prize or other incentive.

Who can participate in the "Biggest Loser prize distribution challenge"?

The challenge is usually open to anyone who wants to participate, although some may have specific eligibility requirements. It is often used in workplace or community settings as a way to promote healthy habits and weight loss.

Is the "Biggest Loser prize distribution challenge" a healthy approach to weight loss?

The challenge itself is not necessarily a healthy approach to weight loss, as it often promotes rapid weight loss which can be unsustainable and unhealthy. However, it can be a good starting point for individuals who are looking to make lifestyle changes and can provide a support system and motivation to reach weight loss goals.

Are there any potential drawbacks to participating in the "Biggest Loser prize distribution challenge"?

While the challenge can provide motivation and support for weight loss, it is important to keep in mind that weight loss is not a one-size-fits-all approach and everyone's journey will be different. It is important to approach the challenge with a balanced and healthy mindset and to not compare oneself to others. It is also important to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any weight loss program.