Blog with TeX Support - Find a Blog for Physics and Math

In summary, the individual wants to write articles in a blog that serves as an online diary for their thoughts on physics and math. They have found blogs without direct LaTeX support, which they find unacceptable and too circuitous to work with images instead. They also mention difficulties with previewing LaTeX on a new blog system, but that it is possible to use LaTeX in blogs. They suggest writing equations using X2 and X2 tags as an alternative to LaTeX.
Herbststurm
Hi,

I want to write some articles in a blog. The blog should be a kind of online diary for my proceedings and cognitions in physics and math.

I found a lot of blogs but without a directly latex support :(

I know I could work with images, like creating the TeX somewhere else and embedding the png pictures of my formulas in the blog but for me this is unacceptable because it is too circuitous.

thanks
greetings

Physics news on Phys.org
Okay,

I could do this with the forum :)

BUT:

I could not write my TeX code because this stupid editors shows old things I wrote a long time ago if I go to preview? What the **** happened there?

Last edited:
LateX does work in blogs

Herbststurm said:
… I want to write some articles in a blog. The blog should be a kind of online diary for my proceedings and cognitions in physics and math.

I found a lot of blogs but without a directly latex support :(

I know I could work with images … but for me this is unacceptable because it is too circuitous

Guten tag, Herbststurm! :smile:

(that's all the German I know :redface:)

Previewing LaTeX on the new blog system seems to be one of the many things on the to-do list, see …
Greg Bernhardt said:
The good news is that since the new blog uses current vb functions chroot is working on getting latex working.
Herbststurm said:
I could not write my TeX code because this stupid editors shows old things I wrote a long time ago if I go to preview?

no … you can write it … you can't read it! :wink:

Have a look at https://www.physicsforums.com/blog.php?b=694" , posted today …

you can see that LateX does work in blogs …

it's only the preview facility that can't handle LaTeX …

so just write the LaTeX, hope it's correct, post the blog, and then edit the blog if necessary. :biggrin:

btw you can write a lot of equations without LaTeX by using the X2 and X2 tags and copying-and-pasting most symbols …

see my signature, and Redbelly98's blog :wink: …​
happy blogging! :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is TeX?

TeX is a typesetting system used for creating high-quality documents, particularly in mathematics, computer science, and physics. It was developed by Donald Knuth in the late 1970s and is known for its precise control over typesetting and ability to handle complex mathematical equations and symbols.

2. How is TeX different from other document preparation systems?

TeX is different from other document preparation systems in that it is primarily focused on typesetting rather than visual formatting. This means that TeX allows for precise control over the layout, fonts, and mathematical notation in a document. It also uses its own programming language, making it highly customizable and powerful.

3. What is the benefit of using TeX for a physics and math blog?

TeX is the preferred typesetting system for many scientists and mathematicians due to its ability to handle complex equations and symbols with precision and ease. Using TeX for a physics and math blog ensures that your content will be presented in a professional and accurate manner.

4. Can I use TeX on a blogging platform?

Yes, there are several blogging platforms that support TeX, including WordPress, Blogger, and Tumblr. You can also use TeX on your own website by installing a TeX distribution, such as TeX Live or MiKTeX, and using a plugin or coding your own TeX support.

5. Are there any resources available for learning how to use TeX for blogging?

Yes, there are many resources available for learning how to use TeX for blogging. Some recommended resources include the TeX User Group website, online tutorials and guides, and community forums. Additionally, many universities and institutions offer workshops and courses on TeX for scientific writing.