Book recommendations on Energy Management

In summary, the conversation revolved around a request for book recommendations on the topic of energy management, specifically in relation to sustainable energy approaches. The speaker expressed a desire for deeper insights from renowned experts in the field, rather than just manuals or statistics. The conversation also clarified the difference between energy management and energy conservation, and a downloadable pdf was suggested as a potential resource.
Paola Flores
Hello,
I may have to submit an essay on Energy Management and I personally like the topic, because of this I have attended a few talks and conferences where they go over the subject but I feel that maybe a book can go deeper into the material, so I was wondering, do any of you know of any book that may talk about the history and direction of energy management?, maybe the insight of renown experts in the field or something like that, because when I try a google search, It only comes up with manuals-sort-of-books and I'm looking for opinions or statistics on the topic, I would appreciate any recommendations specially if I can find the book on the internet. Thank you everyone!

Engineering news on Phys.org
You need to start with your definition of energy management.

That phrase has been used to describe heating and cooing a building.
Also control of the power grid for a whole country.
Also control of the Mars River.
Also several other meanings.

Likes russ_watters
anorlunda said:
You need to start with your definition of energy management.

That phrase has been used to describe heating and cooing a building.
Also control of the power grid for a whole country.
Also control of the Mars River.
Also several other meanings.

Yes you were right, and I actually got lost in translation, I meant "Energy Conservation" (Sustainable energy approach). In Spanish the topic is called "Gestión de la Energía" and the word "Gestión" may be translated as Management, my mistake.

Any book recommendations would be appreciated.

Likes jim hardy
Paola Flores said:
Yes you were right, and I actually got lost in translation, I meant "Energy Conservation" (Sustainable energy approach). In Spanish the topic is called "Gestión de la Energía" and the word "Gestión" may be translated as Management, my mistake.

Any book recommendations would be appreciated.
This download-able pdf is interesting.
www.withouthotair.com/download.html

Likes russ_watters

1. What is Energy Management?

Energy management refers to the process of monitoring, controlling, and conserving energy usage in a building or organization. It involves implementing strategies and technologies to optimize energy consumption and reduce costs.

2. Why is Energy Management important?

Effective energy management is crucial for reducing the environmental impact of energy consumption and ensuring the sustainability of our planet. It also helps organizations save money on energy costs and improve their bottom line.

3. What are some recommended books on Energy Management?

Some popular books on energy management include "Energy Management Handbook" by Wayne C. Turner and Steve Doty, "Energy Management: Principles and Practice" by Joel B. Eisenberg, and "Energy Management and Conservation Handbook" by Frank Kreith and D. Yogi Goswami.

4. Who can benefit from reading books on Energy Management?

Anyone who is interested in learning about energy management and how to reduce energy consumption can benefit from reading books on this topic. This includes homeowners, businesses, and individuals working in energy-related fields such as engineering and sustainability.

5. Are there any specific strategies or techniques for effective Energy Management discussed in these books?

Yes, these books cover a variety of strategies and techniques for effective energy management, including energy audits, energy efficiency measures, renewable energy systems, and energy management software. They also discuss case studies and real-world examples to illustrate the application of these strategies.