Books for deriving old physical formulas

In summary, the conversation discusses the process of deriving physical formulas using mathematics, specifically focusing on Galileo's discovery of the g.t^2=s formula for a free falling object's position function. The speaker is seeking advice on which branch of mathematics to study in order to be able to derive their own physical formulas and understand the process behind it. They mention being proficient in differential and integral calculus and express their desire to become a scientist and understand nature. They are seeking recommendations for books or subjects to study in order to achieve their goal.
ancientlord
Hi dear forum members,
I'm an undergrad. physics student(freshmen),i've learned that Galilei found g.t^2=s formula(a free falling object's position function with respect to time)without using physical foundations,by using him blood impulses for count time not utilizing acceleration etc,i've learnd it from https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=dp_byl...ksandrov&sort=relevancerank&tag=pfamazon01-20 's mathematics its contend methods and meaning.
He just measured two quantities while one of them changing respect to other.But how could he find g,how could he measure that constant?
Not just Galilei's,there are a lot of physical formula consists constants and i want to the same,i want to derivate formulas on topics that i observed or imagined.I know differential and integral calculus(and although i don't know series and analysis too much,i'm currently working on them).Which branch of mathematics can teach me these?I'm a self-learner ,i can learn from books by myself so don't hesitate to advisig books :) .
What kind of books teach me this process,i mean which subject i should learn?Mathematical modelling,analysis or something else?
My English could be crude,sorry for that,but please help me,i'm really eager to learn expressing any/all kind of physical phenomenas by using math.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Please give me some advises folks,
I'm really good at dif. and integral calculus and I'm trying to improve my knowledge,and all of my efforts just for becoming a scientist(i want to understand nature).
I'm first grade student and i don't want to wait four years for these subjects(i have enough time now for work on these),
how could i formulate anything that i observed(i can measure which parts of it ( and with what ratio,approximately,) proportional each other,but i can't completely work out!)
Which branch of math should i study;numerical methods,analysis...which?
For clearify everytihg,here what i want to do;
like free body fall equation=g.t^2 or gravitation F=GmM/r^2 or elastic modulus's formulas etc
some of the physical formulas invented just applying math(and some of them include constants), i want to know how could they figure this out,i want to understand this process and be able to use it any of my observations.
Please don't mind my English and tell me which subjects i should learn(whether they are difficult/hard to comprehend,i don't care i want to learn)...

Related to Books for deriving old physical formulas

1. How can I find books for deriving old physical formulas?

There are several ways to find books for deriving old physical formulas. You can search online bookstores, visit your local library, or ask for recommendations from fellow scientists or professors in the field.

2. Are there any specific books that are highly recommended for deriving old physical formulas?

There are many books available that cover the topic of deriving old physical formulas. Some popular options include "A History of Classical Physics: From Antiquity to the Quantum" by T. S. Kuhn and "The Rise of the New Physics: Its Mathematical and Physical Theories" by A. D. Aczel.

3. How do I know if a book is reliable for deriving old physical formulas?

When selecting a book for deriving old physical formulas, it is important to check the author's credentials and the publisher's reputation. Additionally, you can read reviews from other readers and consult with experts in the field to determine the reliability of the information presented in the book.

4. Can I find free resources for deriving old physical formulas?

Yes, there are several free online resources available for deriving old physical formulas. These include open-access journals, websites of academic institutions, and online databases such as arXiv and Google Scholar.

5. Are there any tips for effectively using books for deriving old physical formulas?

To effectively use books for deriving old physical formulas, it is recommended to have a solid understanding of the fundamentals of physics and mathematics. Take notes while reading, practice solving problems, and consult with others if you encounter any difficulties or have questions.